The Last Day

Andromeda awoke before Elijah

Andromeda awoke before Elijah. He slept peacefully, plump lips parted as he breathed, and was actually dressed for sleep in a t-shirt and sweatpants. She watched him for a while, her chin resting on his chest, before slowly she got out of bed.

When Elijah awoke it was to the sounds of music. The piano was playing downstairs and the Original blinked, sitting up as the door open and Regulus poked his small head in. "Mama, said to wake you. Breakfast is ready." The toddler announced with a smile, and Elijah hummed, holding out his arms in invitation, and chuckling as Reggie ran into them. He lifted the child with him as he stood, before moving downstairs where the music played.

A few days had passed since he had been undaggered, Elijah practically moving in as he refused to let Andromeda leave his sight. It also helped to stay there, he couldn't have his brother knowing that he was alive, although Andy warned him that Klaus was aware of their relationship.

Andromeda's voice carried to the Original's ears as he moved closer to the music room, Regulus head resting on Elijah's shoulder as he stopped in the doorway. Andy sat at the piano, eyes closed, and a smile tugging at her lips as she sang an old nursery rhyme. Reggie squirmed in his hold, and Elijah set him down as the toddler crossed the room to his sister, Andromeda giving him a warm smile as he climbed onto the piano bench besides her.

"Oh my darling, oh my darling

Oh my darling, Clementine

You are lost and gone forever,

Dreadful sorry Clementine."

Reggie sang with her, laughter escaping them both at the lyrics, and Elijah chuckled as he watched with a warm smile spread across his lips. When the song ended, he clapped at their performance, and Andromeda laughed as she stood from the piano bench with Regulus holding her hand. "Good morning." She greeted, approaching the Original, and Elijah hummed.

"Good morning, mia vita." He pressed a firm kiss to her lips in greeting, before the three of them moved to the kitchen. "Tonight is a full moon." Elijah stated, looking at Andy over his mug of blood and she paused, setting her fork down besides her plate before looking to him.

"We should assume that Klaus is ready to break the curse."

"So soon?" She murmured, and Elijah nodded grimly. "I would like you to stay here, with Regulus." He breathed, and Andy shot him a look of disbelief. "Absolutely not."

"Elskan,-"

"The answer is no, Elijah." Andromeda stated firmly, not taking her gaze away from his, and Elijah's jaw flexed in frustration at her stubbornness. "I will ask Mrs. Hayes to watch Reggie for the night, she hasn't seen him in quite a while anyways." She offered, and Elijah pursed his lips, but nodded in acquiescence. After their meal, Andy packed the toddler an overnight bag and dropped him off at the neighbors, Elijah then driving the elemental to the Salvatore Boarding house.