Smells Like Teen Spirit

"Regulus!"

"Regulus!"

Andromeda moved swiftly around her living room, packing the toddler's backpack with notebooks, folders and pencils, as she called out to her baby brother. "Sweetheart, come on!" It was their first day of school, Andy checked his backpack one more time before moving to the kitchen to pack his lunch. Small feet rushed down the stairs, and Andy turned with a smile as Reggie appeared in the entryway.

"How do I look?"

The six-year old was dressed in a striped green shirt, paired with khaki shorts and his vans, Reggie swatting Andy's hands away as she tried to fix his unruly hair. "Andy!" He whined, and his sister backed off with a laugh. "You look perfect." She pressed a kiss to the top of his head, and Reggie hugged her. The elemental was dressed in a red bodysuit that read, 'Be Your Own Hero', tucked into a pair of light blue jeans with a white stripe going down the sides and white converses. Andy checked the time, before quickly helping Reggie put on his backpack and grabbing her own purse with her keys.

"Let's do this."

Andromeda led Regulus to their white Nissan Murano, quickly strapping him into his car seat, before driving him to school. The twins were gone, Andy called to let them know about Klaus appearance, but they had already left. Fane leaving first, and Febe staying behind for their sister's birthday brunch, before meeting with their brother.

Andy couldn't be upset, they had spent the majority of the summer with them, and Cameron had reassured her that he was coming home soon. Whenever that was. The elemental dropped her brother off at school, before driving to meet Caroline at their high school.

After what happened, Andy was positive that she could never look at their gym the same, but Caroline encouraged her to ignore it. The four girls stood in front of Mystic Falls High, staring at the grounds teeming with people, and her best friend breathed out with a smile.

"Here we are. Senior year."

"Anyone else think it should feel slightly more empowering?" Bonnie stated, and Andromeda nodded in agreement. "At least we're one year closer to getting out of here." She breathed, and Caroline nudged her with a look.

"Okay! So prank night, and Andy's birthday, was a bust. But, we are accepting it, and moving on." Care stated firmly, and Andy nodded as they all began to walk forward. "You're right, why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is still being carted around in a box, ruin this for me?" She breathed sarcastically, and Bonnie added on.

"Why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghost of his dead girlfriend, hinder this experience for me?"

"Yes! And why should I let the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid, put a damper on an otherwise fabulous day." Caroline stated with false enthusiasm, and they all turned to look at Elena who paused, breathing.

"Today's our anniversary. Technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school last year."

"You win." Andy breathed, Care nodding in agreement, as Bonnie asked Elena if she was alright being here. "I have to be here. I have to put it behind me." Elena breathed, and the elemental nodded in approval as she put on a smile.