By the Light of the Moon Part One

"He hates me

"He hates me." Caroline was pouting over a cup of coffee, Regulus patting her hand in comfort. The blonde whirlwind that was Andy's best friend had come over early for breakfast, and also to spill her guts out while Andy fixed breakfast and Reggie listened.

"Matt does not hate you, Caroline." Andy stated over her shoulder, she stood at the stove in a loose pair of flannel pajama bottoms and a gray tank top. She was frying a pan of bacon, and also preparing a platter of chocolate chip pancakes for the children.

"Yes, yes he does! The man had been ignoring me for weeks, and when he finally shows up at my door step and tells me he misses me, exactly what I have been waiting for, he sees his best friend inside my house." Caroline groaned, blonde curls falling onto the counter top, and Reggie patted her head from his spot beside her.

Regulus was woken up by Caroline and the smell of food, so the toddler was still dressed in a red plaid onesie, chestnut hair sticking up on one side, and green eyes twinkling with laughter as he shushed his sister's friend. He adored Caroline, the two were practically best friends themselves and always teamed up on Andy to make her feed them. "Tis okay, Care."

"Why can't all boys be like you, Reggie?" Caroline moaned, and Reggie giggled as she squeezed him in a hug. "He's just confused, Care. The two of you broke up because you were keeping secrets, and now suddenly you're hanging out with Tyler."

"Why does everyone keep saying that?! I have known Tyler my whole life-"

"But, you have never been close. If the two of you were ever together it was because of me, and Matt did not see me there last night." Andy turned around to face her, and raised a brow while Caroline hid her face behind her hands. "He's going to think that there is something going on, when there isn't." Her voice was muffled, before she ran her hands through her hair, cornflower blue eyes meeting cerulean and were pleading. "What can I do to fix this?"

"Tell the truth." Andy said simply, and Caroline sputtering in indignation as Andy began to serve their plates and quickly cut Reggie's pancakes for him. "T-tell him?! You know that I can't, Elena-"

"It is none of Elena's business. And I thought you would take note from her actions; keeping the truth away from someone with the intention of protecting them does nothing, but hurt that person. You are taking his choice away." When Caroline opened her mouth to protest, Andromeda reached over the kitchen island and placed her hand on top of hers. She met her gaze, and held it intently as she spoke.

"You, Miss Caroline Forbes, are the most caring, charismatic, mean girl that I have ever met. You deserve not only the utmost loyalty, but also respect and trust. You should be able to believe and trust in the fact that someone will love you so unconditionally, they will accept every single one of your flaws and truths."

"But, what if he decides he doesn't want me anymore..." Caroline whispered, squeezing Regulus to her side as her lower lip trembled and Andy shrugged. "It's his choice. If you tell him, and he still decides not to want anything to do with you, then it's his loss. He does not deserve you."