Daddy Issues

Andy was asleep

Andy was asleep.

Or at least she was trying to pretend that she was.

Andromeda's body was warm, wrapped around a strong pillow that rumbled beneath her cheek with every rise and fall of his breath. Damon was fast asleep, face no longer a mask of grief, skin smoothed of stress lines and appearing much younger.

Being used to waking up in the early hours of morning, and also waking up at the first noise made by Reggie, Andy was a light sleeper. She heard the sound of smaller feet before it reached her door, and squeezed her eyes shut as she heard it creak open. There was a pause, and then a gasp of delight before Regulus little body was hurrying to the bed; climbing on top of the taller frame with a grunt of exertion before crawling his way between the two sleeping adults.

"Damon! You're here!" Andy detangled herself immediately from the vampire, making space for the toddler as he plopped his little self in the space between and shook Damon's chest in excitement. "Get up!"

She propped herself up on her elbow as she watched, chuckling as Damon groaned before hugging Regulus to him. "No." His voice was still heavy with sleep, and his arms constricted around the toddler as Reggie squirmed in his hold. "It's time to get up!"

"It's time for sleep, kid. Now, ssh." He squeezed tighter, and Reggie squealed as he pushed his little hands against his chest to escape. "Andy, make him shut up." Damon whined, and she laughed outright at his childish face as he pouted.

"Come on, Reggie. Leave him be." She pulled the giggling toddler out of his hold, before hugging him to herself, his head immediately resting on her collarbone as he calmed down. "Why is Day-Day here, anyways?"

"Damon is sad, so he needed a friend last night." Andy explained, and Reggie sat up with a frown as he looked at the vampire who finally blinked his blue eyes open with a yawn.

"Are you okay?" He asked innocently, and Damon paused in his movements. He faced the two laying besides him, his eyes roaming over Andy's bedhead and Regulus dressed in Star Wars pajamas, before nodding his head as his eyes met Andy's concerned ones. "Yeah, squirt. I'm good."

"Good." Reggie hugged him, and Damon gave Andy the finger behind his back as she awed.

"Andy, I'm hungry." Andromeda sat up looking at the clock besides her, and seeing that it was past 7, she nodded in acquiescence. "Alright, what do you feel like today?"

"Parrich." Regulus sounded out, and Andy smiled before lifting him off of the bed. "Parrich, it is."

Damon raised a brow in confusion, repeating the word with a frown and Andy rolled her eyes. "He means porridge." The vampire nodded slowly, before throwing himself back on the bed and grabbing her pillow as he snuggled it with a groan.

Andromeda quickly got Regulus ready for school, changing him out of his pajamas and rushing him to the bathroom to brush his teeth before hopping in the shower herself. Damon, finally got up, and fixed Andy's full size bed for her before entering the bathroom while she was in the shower, and brushed his teeth. With her toothbrush.