Know Thy Enemy

The following day, Andromeda didn't go to school

The following day, Andromeda didn't go to school. She kept Regulus and herself home, calling the schools to let them know the reason was due to the incident at the Grill. Reggie was still shaken up, refusing to leave Andy's side, and she didn't have the heart to pretend that everything was okay. She knew that it wasn't, and he knew, too.

Currently, Andy sat in their attic. To keep herself busy, she decided to organize it, with music playing loudly from the speakers downstairs carrying up to her as she moved things around. Reggie sat on the old rocking chair by the window, watching Andy as she moved things about.

"What is that?" He asked, referring to the old Tibetan mask Andromeda held in her hands, and she shrugged as she placed it up on a shelf. "It was mother's." She replied, and Reggie sat up in interest. "How did she get it?"

"I believe it was a gift, from one of our siblings." Andy hummed, trying to remember, and Reggie's brows furrowed in confusion. "How come I have never seen any of our siblings?" He asked, and Andy peered at him from over her shoulder as she lifted an old box before placing it on the floor in front of where Regulus sat.

"You do remember, our mother was very old." Andromeda replied, sitting Indian style in front of the box. "Mama had seven children, including us."

"Are they dead?" Reggie asked, and Andy froze for a moment before giving him a sad smile. "Some." She replied, before patting the space next to her as the toddler climbed down from his perch, and moved to sit besides her.

"Do you remember their names?" She asked, pulling out the old paintings and sketches, alongside yellowed photographs that her mother once shown to her. "Yes." Reggie breathed, pointing at some of the faces peering at them, as Andy scattered the images on the floor.

"That is Calanthe, and that is Draco." He pointed out two separate drawings, before picking up another charcoal sketch of a woman that looked very similar to Andromeda. "This is Tyra, our sister."

"She looks like you, Andy." Reggie peered up at her, and Andy hummed as she took the sketch to look at it, too. "She looks like mama." She disagreed, and the toddler gave her a look as he elbowed her softly.

"You look like mama, too."

"Who are they?" Andromeda changed the subject, lifting up a yellowed photograph from the late 1800's. It showed two of their siblings, twins, one was a short young woman who had a playful smirk gracing her features, long hair curled into ringlets that fell to her shoulders, and she wore an elaborate gown with ribbons and lace. Beside her was a young man, tall with a matching devious grin and curly hair, dressed in a tux and his elbow interlocked with hers.

"Those are the twins, Febe and Fane." Reggie pointed to each of them, and Andy smiled as she pressed a kiss to the top of his head. "Are they still alive?" The toddler asked, and Andy hummed in thought, as she began to pack the images carefully away.