The Killer

"You lost your virginity to Elijah, and you're only telling me now?!"

"Caroline!"

"No, Andy, I have waited years for this moment! How could you not tell me?" Caroline stated dramatically, and Andromeda gave her a look. "You've been too busy trying to save Elena from herself to worry about me." The brunette countered, and the vampire scoffed. "Please, Elena has too many people trying to help her. She died, she's a vampire, no she didn't ask for this but none of us did. Elena will get over it." Caroline huffed, and Andy smirked.

The two sat at Andromeda's kitchen island, the elemental inviting her over for breakfast and champagne. Elijah took Regulus to the park, allowing the girls some time to themselves so they could catch up.

"You are my best friend. You were the only one who really helped when I turned into a vampire, of course I'm going to put you first."

Andy smiled at that, reaching out a hand to squeeze Caroline's as she sighed. "It's because I know that, I have something to tell you." The blonde straightened as she looked at her in confusion, and Andy added hurriedly. "You can't tell Elena or anyone else I told you. Like, dead serious."

"Of course not, now spill."

"Stefan knows, but I wouldn't talk to him about it either."

"Andy-"

"I know, I know." Andromeda locked eyes with Caroline, speaking seriously as she shared with her. "There might be a cure for vampirism." Her best friend's eyes widened, and Andy made to explain before she could interrupt.

"Apparently, our hunter isn't just some regular hunter. He's apart of this cult Brotherhood, and has a tattoo that only Jeremy and I can see. That tattoo is supposed to be a map, leading to a weapon that can be used against vampires."

"And that weapon is supposed to be a cure." Care breathed wide-eyed, and Andy nodded. "Long story short, Elijah and the others ran into these hunters nearly a thousand years ago, Rebekah fell in love with one and he told her about the cure. He betrayed Rebekah, daggering everyone in their sleep, so Nik killed them-"

"If he killed them, why didn't they search-"

"Because, when the hunter dies, the mark disappears. Elijah also told me, that whoever kills a hunter is haunted by them, to the point of insanity. They're driven to commit suicide, making them their last kill." Andromeda finished, and Caroline stared at her in disbelief. "Holy shit. So we can't kill him."

"No, we can't. But, look," Andy squeezed Care's hand, giving her a small smile. "The only reason I'm telling you, because aside from being my best friend, I know that Stefan is going to want to use that cure on Elena. I don't care about her, she needs to accept who she bloody is now and get over it, but if you want the cure, Caroline, I'll find it for you. I know that the other's probably won't think to ask, so I will. Do you want a chance to be human, again?"