The Descent

It was silent between them

It was silent between them. Elijah took the liberty of driving Andromeda's van to his place, casting the occasional glance towards her curled up form in the passenger seat. Her eyes were shut, presumably asleep, but Elijah knew that was not the case as he heard the pounding of her heart fill the small space. Andy was not afraid, but her vulnerability at that moment made her weary of the Original besides her.

She spilled her guts to a man she hardly knew, and was silently cursing herself for it. Andy never spoke about her father to anyone, for he was the root of all her insecurities and pressing daddy issues. Then, she cries to Elijah, who seems to be fixed on swooping in to make it all better. Poor thing; he must be thinking.

"We're here." The Original broke the silence, parking the car in front of an apartment complex not too far away from the town square. Elijah sped over to the passenger side, opening the door and leaning in to unbuckle Andromeda from her seat before she swatted his hands away. "I am not an invalid." She mumbled, her face set in a pout as she glared up at him and Elijah smirked. Like a kitten puffing up its fur.

"Only meaning to assist the lady." He simply said, gesturing her with a sweep of the arm as she stood, his hand resting on the small of her back as he guided her forward. Andromeda took mental notes of her surroundings, how many doors led to an exit, how many floors on the elevator, and Elijah hummed as he watched her sharp eyes glance about.

"Planning to escape?" His tone was amused, but his eyes sharp as he looked down at her smaller form. "Can't be too sure, there is still enough time for you to make a meal out of me." Andy drawled, and Elijah couldn't help the chuckle that escaped him.

"As tempting as that sounds..." The elevator doors opened, and Elijah guided her forward to the door adjacent to them before letting them both enter. "... I would never take a bite out of you without explicit permission, Andromeda." He breathed, his words sending chills down her spine that Andy ignored as she stepped away from him further into the apartment. "Ever the gentleman..." She hummed, and Elijah could only smirk.

"I aim to please, elskan."

He didn't remove his eyes from her, as Andromeda cast her eyes around the new surroundings. There were paintings hanging on pristine white walls, white and black leather sofas tastefully placed about with colorful afghans carefully tossed over them for splashes of color. Random artifacts, masks, and libraries filled to the top with books that she ran a light hand over. It was precise, everything in it's place, and so Elijah that Andy wanted to make a mess of things just to give it a bit more life. Toss a book onto a settee, leave a cup stain on the coffee table, something to make it feel more personal and less cold.

Elijah watched her, as she took a careful seat on the leather upholstery, sitting primly on the edge of it as if waiting to having a running start. "Would you like something to drink?" He asked, and it was silent for a moment. It was broken with a soft "yes" that Andromeda whispered, eyes still looking everywhere but at him, and arms hugging her sides.