Girl in New Orleans

"Mama-"

"Mama-"

"No."

"But, mama-"

"I said, no, Regulus." Andromeda shot her little brother a stern look, walking the child home from school. "We are not getting a puppy, and do not-" She cut him off, before he could open his mouth to argue. "Do not think to ask Fane, or Niklaus, or Elijah when he comes home. My answer will stay the same, and it will serve nothing more than to get them in trouble right with you." Andy admonished, and Reggie stomped his foot with a huff. "Please! I'll take care of it, I promise." He pleaded, and Andy struggled to not roll her eyes.

"Reggie. There is a baby on the way, and we may or may not have a war soon on our hands. You really think right now is a good time?"

"It'll be friends with the baby, and good company whenever you leave." Reggie insisted, a grin spreading across his face as his emerald eyes turned up towards her. "Plus, if any of you die, it'll be something to remember you by." He added, and Andy couldn't help the laugh that ripped through her. "Firstly, ouch." She shot him a look as he giggled, a smirk playing at her lips. "Secondly, none of us are going to die, so don't joke about that. You forget that your family just so happens to be a group of immortal beings."

"You're not 21 yet, Andy."

"Why do you and Elijah insist on reminding me?" Andromeda said in an offended tone, and Regulus laughed loudly, swinging their arms together. "Because, you think that you're Wonder Woman and can save everyone." He stated pointedly, and Andy rolled her eyes. "Shut up."

By then they reached the plantation, Reggie sprinting inside as he shouted for Fane and Andy called after him. "The answer is still no!" The elemental shook her head, dropping her purse at one of the side tables. Andy raised a brow as she walked past Nik's studio, finding the hybrid alone with Cami, who was taking notes. "Um...Hi." She greeted slowly, and Camille's head shot up with a look of relief.

"Did you know about vampires?"

"I'm sorry, what?" Andromeda blinked in surprise, shooting Niklaus a look of disbelief, and the hybrid just shrugged. "I've taken Camille on as my stenographer, she's going to help share my story." He said smugly, and Andy just stared at him. "So, you compelled her to write your memoir, and basically keep you company for free?" She stated bluntly, letting out a deep breath at Nik's smirk.

"Are you a vampire, too?" Cami questioned, and Andy gave her a small smile with a shake of her head. "No. My boyfriend is, and so is my brother." She explained, and Cami just sucked in a deep breath. "How is that possible?" She whispered, and Andy grimaced.

"It's really a lot to explain...I'm sure Nik will tell you since he's, oh, so talkative."

"Join us, sister. You're just as much a part of the narrative." Nik opened his arms in a welcoming gesture, and Andy scowled at him. "I'll pass. And if Reggie asks you for a puppy, you better say 'no'." Andy pointed her finger at him in warning, leaving as Nik's laughter rang behind her. She stopped in Elijah's study, leaning against the doorway as she watched Hayley sitting at his desk. The werewolf was pouring over one the many old tomes, and Andy had to bite back a scowl.