New Orleans

Summer passed, and it was one of the best ones of Andromeda's life

The elemental moved into the new house in Mississippi, falling in love with the white two story house surrounded by a white picket fence and lush green grass. Kol and the twins helped Andy move in, Regulus picking out his own room and decorating it all by himself. Rebekah was touring Europe with Matt, finally getting her chance to be free from her brothers shadows, and sent Andy postcards. Reggie turned seven, Elijah paying for the siblings to go to Disney World in Florida, where Andy dragged Caroline along with them.

Reggie had the time of his life, and Andy enjoyed herself, but Elijah wasn't there.

Her Original was busy with everything going on in New Orleans, he called everyday and every night to keep Andromeda updated, as well as to wish Regulus a goodnight. Elijah still refused to let the elemental enter the city, instead sending his family out on trips, Andromeda being able to spend a week in Mykonos with Caroline and Reggie. She loved it, it was a break away from the supernatural, but Andy would be lying if she said that she did not miss her Elijah.

The Original visited whenever he could, sometimes driving up for a weekend, sometimes just for the night, but those moments were gradually growing fewer and fewer. Sometimes Elijah wouldn't call all day, but he never failed to call Regulus to say goodnight and ask how was his day. Andy wasn't the only one who felt the separation, as even Reggie grew to be despondent.

He loved Elijah. Looked up to him as a father. But the nightly phone calls did nothing but remind the child of his own father, Cameron, and that made Andy angry.

They left Mystic Falls to be a family. If Elijah was going to be a role model to Regulus, the child deserved more than nightly phone calls and video chats. He deserved Elijah's presence, which Andromeda made clear to the Original, and this led to arguments. Elijah didn't always tell Andy everything, the only reason the elemental knew everything that happened in New Orleans is because Fane told her. Hell, Nik called Andromeda more than her Original, which the hybrid was all too smug about, as he pointedly said so to Elijah.

Elijah was aware of all this, knew that he was hurting his Andromeda, but he couldn't help it. The Original could not risk Marcel, or any of the French Quarter witches, catching wind of her existence. He had already seen her hurt too many times, Elijah did not wish to fail her again.

So as much as it hurt to be away from his family, Elijah focused on helping his brother one-up Marcellus, by helping him find what hold the vampire has over the witches.

Niklaus worked on entering Marcel's inner circle, Fane helping as well, while also helping Elijah to keep a close eye on the werewolf. Hayley. If the Original was being honest, he was growing to be fond of the girl. She had a fire in her, one that reminded him of his Andromeda, if only because of their stubbornness. Nik didn't pay too much attention to the girl, still not fully accepting that she was bearing his child, but Elijah tried his best to make the girl feel as though she was a part of their family, much to his brother and friend's discontent.