The Birthday

My dearest Elijah,

My dearest Elijah,

It's been almost two months since you were daggered, and a few days since Regulus's birthday. Our toddler is now six, and I'm wondering where has the time gone. The twins have also made an appearance, much to Reggie's, and my, delight. Febe is very caring, but also mischievous, as her and Caroline get along perfectly. She has been supportive, and explained to me the dynamics of our bond, where you did not.

While I can't say that I am angry anymore, I am still hurt. When you first saw me, you saw my sister. And never breathed a word, as you must have known the relationship between Tyra and I. But, as days pass, and I continue to write, I can understand why you didn't. You tried to explain to me our bond, that night I stayed at your apartment, and I didn't want to hear of it.

If you would have told me of the love you once bore for my sister, I would have ran away.

And, I think you knew that. So, you didn't. And I cannot be angry for that fact. The twins are a blessing during this time, as for once, I am not alone. My father has not come home, but I'm grateful. He sent them to check on me, and allowed us time to bond.

Fane, he is someone that I must get used to, as he is very protective. He can't stand Damon, and makes sure that the older Salvatore keeps far away from his "darling sister". I don't complain, I've always wondered what it must feel like to have a big brother, one who defends and loves you. Fane is a dream come true.

That being said, I miss you, my Elijah. There are mornings I can't get up, and Caroline or Reggie have to pull me from bed. Before the twins came, you were my support. You were my family, in the moments where I had no one. And the time apart eats away at my heart, just as much as the distance.

I don't know where you are. Niklaus calls every so often, "checking in" as he puts it, but I know better. From what the twins have told me, out of all his siblings, you two were the closest. Other than the fact that you tried to kill him, Nik had to have been threatened by the family you found in Regulus and I.

He must have feared that you would abandon him.

So, while I am far from friends with your brother, do not be too harsh with him, whenever you do wake up. And, know that your brother still cares, despite being a sociopath.

I have to go. Today is Elena's birthday, and despite our mutual dislike, I can never turn down a chance at getting drunk these days.

With all my love, always and forever,

Andromeda.

**************************

"Andy here, help me carry this." Caroline passed her a shopping bag, and Andromeda groaned dramatically. "Caroline, this is excessive." Andy told her best friend, both carrying multiple bags as they walked to the parking lot. Caroline dragged Andy shopping with her for Elena's birthday party, the blonde not giving her much choice as she, quite literally, dragged her out of the house. The June sun bore down on them, the elemental dressed in a white cropped tee and shorts, and Care shot the brunette a look as she hung up the phone with Elena.