Catch Me if You Can

"Shane is alive

"Shane is alive."

Rebekah announced her presence, walking into Andromeda's kitchen as everyone sat around the marble island. The twins sat next to their sister, Elijah on Andy's other side as he held her hand, and Kol straightened from where he was leaning against the sink.

"What did you just say?"

"I just spoke to Stefan. Bonnie did some sort of spell to save him, but by doing so, she almost killed April." The blonde Original explained, and Andy frowned. "Is she okay?" She questioned, and at Bekah's nod, Elijah spoke up. "Tell us everything it is that you know about Silas and Melantha." He stated firmly, looking to Kol and the twins, who nodded.

"Over two millennia ago, Melantha, our grandmother, was friends with a witch named Qetsiyah. Qetsiyah was engaged to Silas, but Silas faked being in love with her. He tricked Qetsiyah into creating an elixir of immortality, saying that they would drink it together on their wedding night-"

"But Silas left Qetsiyah at the altar." Fane spoke up, continuing where his twin left off. "Instead, Silas drank the elixir with someone else, Qetsiyah's handmaiden. In her rage, Qetsiyah created a cure for their immortality, forcing it down the girl's throat before killing her."

"Silas was wracked with grief. He wanted to join his love in death, but Qetsiyah would not let him. So, Qetsiyah asked Melantha for help. Our grandmother helped Qetsiyah create the Other Side, a supernatural purgatory, so that if Silas ever did take the cure and died as a witch, he would be stuck there. Never able to join his love."

"Qetsiyah used Melantha's blood to imprison Silas, leaving him with the cure, so that whenever he decided to put himself out of his misery, he would join Qetsiyah in the Other Side." Febe finished, staring at those around the table, and Andromeda just ran a hand down her face in disbelief.

"Melantha also helped with the creation of the Five, their purpose to assist with shoving the cure down Silas's throat."

"So, that's why Shane needs us. Because we're Melantha's descendants."

"Shane wants to raise Silas. Silas will rip away the veil, destroying the Other Side and letting the dead walk among the living. You could see why I have a problem with that." Kol stated, looking at his siblings, and Rebekah frowned while Elijah's face was blank. Andromeda squeezed her Original's hand, and Elijah ran his thumb over her knuckles soothingly.

"Shane has Bonnie. Nik is helping Damon with the hunter's mark, and has the sword. If Jeremy completes the mark, we can find the cure on our own. We won't need Shane-"

"Sister, you are not listening. We cannot get the cure, not without raising Silas." Kol said firmly, and Elijah spoke up. "How positive are you that this is true?" He looked to his brother, and Kol rolled his eyes but responded. "The twins and I once came across a cult a few centuries ago, they worshiped Silas. His followers told us that he would rise again, and when he did, he would trigger the end of all time."