Down the Rabbit Hole

Caroline stood in the kitchen across from the Gilbert living area, her face appearing dumbstruck, and Elijah felt his gaze darkening as he listened to Elena explain that the other's were missing

"Please, please, tell me you're kidding?"

"I wish I was. When we got back from looking for Jeremy, Shane, Bonnie and Andy were gone, too." Elijah straightened up at that, moving closer to the barrier, and Fane clapped a hand on the Original's shoulder in restraint as they listened. "Shane needs Bonnie to cast a spell on Jeremy's tattoo in order to find the cure, we're still not sure where Andy falls into this. He said that a descendant of Melantha would be needed to wake him, whatever that means."

"And he managed to sneak all three out from under our noses."

"I don't believe this. You kidnapped my best friend, Elena, and now you're telling me you've lost her, when her boyfriend and older brother are standing right here, listening?" Caroline bristled, and Elena tried to defend herself, but the blonde cut her off.

"Where's Damon in all this?"

"We had an argument. I thought he was just taking a walk, but then when we went to the beach, we saw signs of a struggle."

"Meaning, what?"

"Meaning somebody probably jumped him, and then grabbed him."

Caroline ran a palm over her face in exasperation, Elijah's expression a careful mask, but everyone could see the dark thoughts racing through his eyes. "I really cannot believe you right now..." Care sighed, groaning in frustration, while Elena continued. "Well, maybe there's something you can do from home."

"Like what, Elena?"

"Shane's looking for the cure. We think we can find him. We have pictures of Jeremy's tattoo, but we just can't translate the map."

"Unless you get the hunter's sword from Klaus." Caroline breathed, looking across at the four vampires, said hybrid smirking at her but his blue eyes were dark. As much as Nik hated to admit it, he was worried. If something happened to Andromeda, he didn't want to know what would happen. The twins would go on a rampage, Kol included as Andy saved his life, and Elijah...

Elijah would be her avenger.

"Caroline, let me speak to my little sister." Elijah breathed, standing close to the barrier, and Care nodded in understanding as she put the phone on speaker. "Rebekah." The Original called out, and the blonde replied instantly.

"I'm right here, brother."

"Heed my warning, if something happens to Andromeda in your selfish quest for the cure, you will answer to me." Elijah spoke plainly, his tone cold, and Fane squeezed his shoulder. "Febe will fetch the sword, but your job is to find her, and bring my love home."

"I will, Elijah. You have my word." Rebekah replied immediately, but the Original's frowned for a moment as their sister hesitated. "What else is there, Rebekah?" Nik spoke up, and the blonde just gritted her teeth for a moment.