Andromeda

Hellooooooo. This is my first Vampire Diaries fic, so obviously I own nothing except for my characters. I have another story on wattpad as well, it's called Innocence and is a Jasper Hale love story, if you wanna check that out. But yeah, I've had this idea stuck in my head for a while so might as well just put it out there. Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 1- Andromeda Daphne McGregor

Today had started pretty normal. As normal as it could possibly get in a town called Mystic Falls. Yet, somehow, Andromeda just could not seem to possibly figure out how she had possibly gotten dragged into the mess that comes with the association of the one known as Elena Gilbert. Sure, they knew each other. Practically grew up together, and at one point may have been considered friends. But as they grew older, and as life dealt out losses to both, Andy couldn't seem to particularly bring herself to care, or have empathy, for the all encompassing drama that proceeded to follow Elena everywhere she went and somehow dragged everyone else through the mud right with her.

No, not one bit did Andy care for the ethnocentrism that came with the likes of Elena Gilbert. So, how was it, that they found themselves staring across from each other on a dirty sofa in what was seemingly an abandoned house?

Let's start from the beginning.

*****************************
It was the day of the Masquerade Ball.
Normally, Andy skips these kinds of events, but Mrs. Lockwood roped her into playing for the night. No socializing, no high heels, although she made sure to enforce the idea of a dress. Just play piano. Andy could do that.

If Andy would have known the plans that the others had for the ball, she would have skipped it altogether. However, she didn't know, and her best friend Caroline saw no reason to tell her, again, because Andy never bothered to show.

Andy had just arrived to the Lockwood mansion, the estate teeming with masked party goers and circus leaders waving batons of fire. She wore a sheer, high collared, white polka dotted dress with puffy sleeves and a nude strapless shift underneath that went to about mid thigh, the sheer material falling to her calf. Her chestnut brown hair was swept into a messy bun, and her cloudy blue eyes framed by dark fringed lashes scanned the crowd before locking with a pair of hazel ones.

"Andy, what are you doing here?" Caroline rushed forward and seized her by the arm, her eyes scanned about as if searching the crowd before looking back at Andy who merely raised a brow. "Is that how you greet your best friend? 'Andy, what are you doing here?'" She mocked Caroline in a high pitched voice, who only rolled her eyes. "Yes, hi Andromeda, lovely to see you. Now what the hell are you doing here, you never show up to these things."

"Mrs.Lockwood pressured me into performing, now why the hell do you keep looking around like that?" Caroline groaned in frustration, before quickly pulling her to the side by some bushes where no one could listen. "Katherine is here." She said lowly, and Andy raised both her eyebrows in astonishment. "You have got to be bloody joking."

After getting a brief run down of the Salvatore's plan to kill Katherine at the ball, Andy was scowling fiercely at her best friend and shaking her head. "Nuh uh, no way."

"But you could help! Bonnie can channel you for the spell-"

"I said no, Caroline. And why in the world would you team up with the Salvatores, none of their plans ever come to bloody fruition-"

"Hey! She killed me, fair's fair." Caroline crossed her arms against her chest defensively, and Andy rolled her eyes before stepping away with her hands up. "I want no parts of this. They have already gotten you killed once, don't let it happen again."

"Andy-" Caroline tried to step forward, but she just walked away. Andy wanted nothing to do with Elena Gilbert or her merry band of worshipers. She was actually very good friends with Damon, could be called best friends, but when it came to his love for his brother's girl, and then Elena's indecisiveness, it made Andy want to tear her hair out.