Growing Pains

Elijah drove for hours to New York City

Elijah drove for hours to New York City. He stopped only once to get gas, allowing Regulus and Andromeda a chance to use the restrooms, before they were back on the road. Reggie and Andy slept most of the ride, Elijah allowing them to rest. The Original sat in silence, staring out the windshield as his thoughts rushed inside his head.

His brother was dead. Niklaus was dead.

And yet, somehow, his sire-lings were still alive. Which made absolutely no sense, unless...his brother did something. Knowing Niklaus, he probably jumped into another body. That would be a best-case scenario, but Elijah didn't dare to get his hopes up.

When they arrived in New York, Elijah drove them downtown to The James Hotel, in Soho. Kol and the twins were staying in the penthouse there, they would be safe, for now. He parked in the underground garage, and the twins were already there, Febe racing forward to open the passenger door and shake her little sister awake.

"Andromeda."

Andy groaned, blinking awake and when she saw Febe, Andy immediately threw her arms around her. "Sister." She breathed, hugging her tightly, as Fane threw open the backdoor and lifted Regulus from his car seat. Reggie jerked awake, but when he saw that it was his brother, the child buried his head into Fane's shoulder.

"Come. You must be hungry, let's get you inside." Febe murmured, kissing Andy's hair before separating, lacing their fingers together as she pulled them towards the elevator and Fane carried Reggie as Elijah got their bags. They took the elevator all the way to the top floor, the doors opening into a penthouse with floor to ceiling windows, a large industrial kitchen with marble counters and brand new appliances, a glass table that fit up to six people and a white sofa facing a large flat screen.

Kol was waiting for them there, he stood up from where he sat on the sofa, crossing the room to pull Elijah into a hug. "Brother." He greeted, and Elijah held him tightly for a moment. "We must discuss our next move." Her Original breathed, and Febe shot him a glare.

"After you have some blood and my siblings eat. I have food cooking, sister," She turned to Andromeda, placing her hands on her shoulders, as she gently pushed her towards one of the large bedrooms. "Take a shower, refresh yourself for a moment, and then come eat. Take Regulus with you."

"Yes."

Fane passed Reggie into Andy's open arms, and the elemental carried him away as the other four looked to each other. "Are you sure that Nik is dead?" Kol asked immediately once they were gone, and Elijah ran a palm over his face, nodding thankfully to Febe as she handed him a glass of blood.

"Rebekah says she saw his body burst into flames."

"Then how are the other's not dead?" Fane questioned, and Kol nodded in agreement. "I spoke to our sister, she killed Elena. Alaric is gone." He declared, and before Elijah could open his mouth, he continued. "It would seem, however, that the doppelganger had blood in her system. She was turned into a vampire."