The Last Dance

Cameron awoke with a groan, casting his eyes about his bedroom as he sat up

Cameron awoke with a groan, casting his eyes about his bedroom as he sat up. A wave of melancholy hit him as he rested a hand on his wife's side of the bed, before he noticed the time was half past seven. "Andromeda!" He called, getting up from bed with a yawn and moving across the hall to open her door.

"Darlin', it's aboot time tae git up-" He stopped, noticing that her room was empty and the bed already made. Her father frowned, before turning to hear giggles coming from Regulus's room. Cameron found his children there, Andromeda already fully dressed in shredded jeans and a striped blouse with ankle boots, Regulus putting his shirt on as she laced his converses.

"What is it?" Andy looked up, seeing her father standing in the doorway, and he cleared his throat as he answered. "I thought you'd stil be asleep." She scoffed, shaking her head as Reggie laughed. "I haven't slept past 7, since I was 14." Andy breathed, helping Regulus stand up, before turning to look at her father.

"I already put a pot of coffee on, and prepared some parrich. Would you like some?" She asked kindly, and Cameron nodded as he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Sure, sure." Andy nodded, brushing past her father, and leading the toddler downstairs.

When Cameron finished readying himself for the day, there was a mug of coffee besides a bowl of steaming parrich with strawberries on the marble island. "Ta, lass." He thanked her, pressing a kiss to the top of Reggie's head as the toddler ate, before taking a seat besides him. Cameron took a sip, sighing in bliss as it was just the way he liked it, black, with two sugars.

Andromeda smirked as she watched, moving about the kitchen as she made sure everything was in Regulus's schoolbag, and packed his lunch. "Dinnae rush, lass, sit 'n' eat." Her father instructed, and she shot him a look, before pouring her own mug of coffee into a thermos.

"I already ate." She snipped, not really wishing to speak, and Cameron rolled his eyes at her attitude. "Ye juist lik' yer bloody mother, sit doon." He ordered, and Andromeda shot him a small glare before sitting across from him.

"We should be going." Andy breathed, looking at the time on her phone, and signalling with her eyes for Reggie to get his things, as the toddler hopped down from his seat. "Och, dinna fash yirsel. I'm driving ye tae school." Cameron spoke over his mug of coffee, and Andy froze as she looked to him in confusion.

"You're what?"

"I dinnae trust that ye wilnae gang somewhere else, sae I'm driving ye." He explained, gazing evenly at Andromeda's dumbfounded expression, and Regulus cheered.

"You can't be serious."

"A'm. Noo gimme yer keys." Cameron held out his palm to her, and Andy's eyes widened comically in surprise. "Daddy-"

"Yer keys, lass. Dinnae mak' me say it again." He breathed calmly, and Andy shot him a small glare before slamming her keys into his open palm. "How will I get home?" She asked, and Cameron looked at her evenly as he stood up from his seat, moving to place his dishes in the sink. "I will pick ye up."