The River in Reverse

Andromeda and Elijah stayed in the bayou for hours

Andromeda and Elijah stayed in the bayou for hours. The Original laid on the cot with Andy at his bedside, the elemental shushing him as he rested fretfully. The hallucinations and dementia was beginning to set in, and Andy hummed softly as her eyes glowed sapphire, resting a cool palm on Elijah's forehead as he ran a fever.

Rebekah and Nik had a argument, or so Andy was told, the blonde Original angry with the hybrid for biting Elijah. Andromeda explained the situation to her siblings, Febe reassuring her that she would keep an eye on Regulus, while Kol and Fane were frustrated with the other Original's. For all their talk of family, they can't seem to stop pointing fingers at each other, as Kol put it. Rebekah was also becoming close to Marcel, adding on to Nik's paranoia, and Febe had to have a few words with the blonde as well. Rebekah was a grown woman and could do as she pleased, but the elemental warned her to be careful.

At this point, Andy didn't even care. She already scolded Elijah, deeming the wolf bite from Niklaus punishment enough for his actions.

As Elijah continued to make sounds of discomfort, panting softly as he curled into a fetal position, the elemental clicked her tongue softly. "Oh, dear..." Andy sighed, running a cool hand through her Original's tousled locks as he writhed beneath her. "Here." She carefully lifted Elijah's head, sliding beneath him as his back was supported by her front, and Elijah's head rested on her collar bone as he panted. "Drink." Andy instructed, holding her wrist to his lips, but the Original shook his head with a groan.

"No."

"'Lijah..."

"No, Andromeda. If I feed from you now, I won't be able to stop. Your scent is torture enough." He rasped, and Andy frowned as she rested her chin on top of his head. The elemental continued to hum, trying to comfort him as best as she could, and Elijah shut his eyes as he focused on her. Andromeda's chestnut locks fell around his face like a curtain, her tantalizing smell of honey, apples, and chrysanthemums surrounding him, and the Original inhaled deeply as his mouth watered, struggling for control.

His skin was pale and clammy from fever, and as Elijah turned to retch blood off the side of the cot, Andy swiftly pressed her cool palms to his face and neck, the Original sighing in relief at her touch. "Forgive me, please." Elijah groaned, falling back against her, and Andromeda shushed him.

"It's OK. I'm not going anywhere."

"I don't deserve your kindness." Elijah coughed, bloodshot eyes staring up into Andy's glowing sapphire orbs. "I have not paid you enough attention, instead letting myself become swept up in Niklaus's desire for power and my desire for family, when I already have one. Forgive me." He rasped, and Andy only shook her head with a sigh, grabbing a nearby washcloth to wipe his sweaty brow. "Enough. You can focus on winning my forgiveness after apologizing to your brother. For now, try to sweat this out."

"Will you sing for me? Y-your voice-" Elijah was cut off by another fit of coughing, and Andromeda combed her fingers through his hair, resting her head against his once he settled against her. "Your voice brings me comfort, I used to hear the echos of it in my ears every morning when I woke. It wasn't until I heard you sing that I realized it was your voice haunting me." He breathed, and Andy smiled warmly for a moment, before parting her lips to sing.