Ghost World

Andy stood frozen in her kitchen

Andy stood frozen in her kitchen. After picking Regulus up from Mrs. Hayes the following morning, Andromeda returned to seeing a photo of her mother in the middle of the kitchen island. She had frowned, quickly stepping forward to put it away, and before she could touch it, it was sent across the table to the floor.

Andromeda froze, backing away slowly before the elemental sprinted up the stairs. Rebekah wasn't there, and Andy sped into Regulus's room, where the toddler was playing with his tablet. At Andy's abrupt entrance, he looked to her with a frown, and Andy quickly lifted the toddler into her arms while grabbing his backpack.

"Mama?"

"Come on, lad. Let's go outside." She said with a fake smile, jumping in surprise as when she turned around, the door slammed shut. Reggie shrieked, Andromeda's face paled before she threw the door back open and rushed out of the house. She quickly dialed the twins, Fane picking up on the first ring, as Andy strapped Regulus into his seat.

"Miss us already, sister?"

"Fane, I think something's wrong." She breathed hurriedly, climbing into the driver's side, and Fane immediately was concerned. "What is it?"

"Can ghosts interact from the Other Side?" Andy asked, pulling away from the house, and she could hear her brother's frown. "No, it's impossible. Why?"

"Because, someone put Mama's picture in the kitchen, and when I went to put it away, it slid across the damn counter." Andy declared, driving into the Town Square, and the phone fumbled for a moment before Febe responded.

"Are you sure, you didn't just bump into it?"

"That's what I thought, until something slammed Regulus's door shut when I tried to leave."

"It could have just been wind-" Fane started, and Andromeda shook her head, as she interrupted. "His window was shut, there's no way." Andy said firmly, and Febe quickly spoke up.

"Calm down. We're not near Mystic Falls right now, but we'll call Cameron. He should be able to get to you, in the meantime, stay with your friends. Somewhere public, okay?"

"Okay." Andy breathed, before hanging up. Andy was supposed to be meeting Caroline as they prepared for the Night of Illumination, another Founder's event, and the elemental hurriedly got Regulus out of the car before looking around for her blonde friend. Andromeda held Reggie's hand tightly in hers, looking over her shoulder often, as she felt as though someone was watching.

Andy saw Tobias Fell giving a history lesson on the nearby stage, brushing past people as they carried around red, blue and white lanterns. Reggie pointed out everything gleefully, and Andy smiled, but didn't feel completely at ease. She stiffened for a moment, looking down at the hand that wasn't holding onto the toddler, and Andromeda swore that she felt pressure on her wrist.

It was as though a hand had clasped onto her, the feeling of a thumb circling against her skin, and Andy choked before she lifted Reggie onto her hip. Andy kept moving, her heart pounding in tempo, and she tried not to let Regulus notice that she was scared.