Crescent City

•••

•••

The following morning was quiet

Marcel accompanied Klaus and Fane to the reopening of St. Anne's church, Kol staying in the Abbattoir with Febe as she recovered. Andromeda slept well into the day, opening her eyes to recognize the arched ceilings of the plantation house. The sounds of voices and laughter reached her ears from where she laid, and Andy recognized them as Elijah and Regulus in the backyard. Her Original had taken to fixing the stables, and Reggie liked to accompany him in their shared project.

The elemental lightly stretched with a moan, feeling well rested as she slowly rose from where she laid. Andy knew that Elijah could hear that she was awake as she moved to take a warm shower, her Original waiting for her in their shared bedroom as she exited in just a towel. Andy smiled warmly, and Elijah chuckled as he held out his arms to her for an embrace. "How do you feel?" He questioned, pressing a chaste kiss to her head as he held her form to his, and she let out a hum in content.

"Well rested. How is Febe?"

"Better. Kol is taking care of her."

Andy pulled away enough from his embrace to rise on her tiptoes, and Elijah lowered his head to press his lips against her fuller ones. "There is food downstairs. You should eat, we also have a few things to discuss as well." Her Original murmured, and Andromeda raised a brow with a quizzical look. "About what?"

"Regulus seems rather insistent on a new pet..."

"Oh, Elijah. Not you too." Andy groaned playfully, pulling away as she moved towards their shared walk-in closet, and Elijah sat at the end of their bed as he watched her. "We have plenty of room, elskan." He projected his voice so that she may hear him, and Andy clicked her tongue as she shed her towel to slip on matching underwear. "That is besides the point. We already have enough going on with the new baby coming, and-"

"Yes, but it will help make this place feel more like a home. Regulus is growing older, surely-"

"Elijah, who will take care of it? He is already spoiled-"