Stand By Me/Bring it On

When Andromeda opened her eyes, she saw nothing but green

When Andromeda opened her eyes, she saw nothing but green. Green open fields that stretched across to a nearby wood, with a babbling river just a few feet away. Andy stared in wonder, shielding her eyes from the sun above her, before a throat cleared behind her and she spun around.

"Mama."

Phanessa stood in front of her, a warm smile on her lips, and once she opened her arms, Andromeda ran forward. Phanessa enveloped her daughter into a tight hug, pressing kisses into her hair, and Andy pulled away to look at her with a gasp as she realized.

"Am I dead?"

"You died, yes." Phanessa affirmed, but quickly continued before Andy could speak. "But it's only temporary. You were not meant to die on that island, so Fate intervened. But..." Phanessa's expression grew solemn, and Andromeda frowned in confusion. "Mama? What..." Her hand instinctively raised to her stomach, cerulean eyes widening in realization, as she stared at her mother.

"Where's my baby?"

"Τα αστέρια μου..."

"Mama. Where is my baby?" Andy demanded, and Phanessa cupped her face so she could look at her. "Andromeda, you need to understand-"

"Mama, where is he-"

"Your friends should never have brought you to that island! You were not meant to go there, you were not meant to die. Fate was able to save you, but...it could save only one."

"Mama, what are you saying?!" Andromeda stared at her in disbelief, holding onto her mother's wrists, and Phanessa looked ready to cry as she only shook her head. "I'm sorry, my princess."

"No."

"I'm sorry." She whispered, and Andy stepped away from her in horror. "WHERE IS HE-" Suddenly, a baby's cry was heard. Andromeda's head snapped towards it, peering over Phanessa's shoulder, where Cameron stood with a bundle in his arms. Her father smiled sadly at her, and Andy could only stare at the small figure in his arms, swathed with a white blanket. "No..." She breathed, moving to take a shaky step forward, but Phanessa stopped her.

"Τα αστέρια μου-"

"No! Mommy, please!" Andromeda sobbed, struggling against her mother's hold, begging as she stared at her father. "That's my baby! You can't take my baby, mommy, please-"

"Andromeda, I never wanted this to happen. I never wanted you to feel the pain of losing a child, and I am so sorry. But you have to go back-"

"Mommy!" Andy screamed, knees growing weak from the force of her sobs, and Phanessa held her up as she looked at her sternly. "You are going to go back. You are going to live your life, and will have more children-"

"Please, don't do this. Please, don't. Mommy, I want to stay-"

"It is not your time to die! I will not see you here for many years yet, and you are going to live, Andromeda. Do you understand me?" Phanessa cupped her daughter's chin, forcing her to lock eyes with her, and Andy's lower lip quivered as she stared at her. "Mama, I'm tired. I want to be with you and Daddy, please-"