Dangerous Liaisons

The following day, Andromeda drove straight to Caroline's

The following day, Andromeda drove straight to Caroline's. Regulus followed after her, as Liz held open the door for them, and Andy greeted her with a warm smile before rushing to Caroline's room. At seeing her sitting up in bed, Reggie ran forward, giving her a tight hug as Andy leaned against the door-frame and watched.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked, staring at the blonde as Caroline sighed, pulling Reggie into her lap before looking up at Andy. "I didn't want to worry you." She breathed, and Andy just shook her head with a frown. "Caroline, your dad died. You should have called me-"

"Andy, you had just gotten Elijah back and were helping him! Elena and Matt were here, it's fine-"

"Don't say that it's fine, when you know it isn't." Andy stated firmly, and Care closed her eyes, squeezing Reggie to her chest as Andy moved closer. "I didn't want to remind you of Cameron...it's only been a few days." Her best friend murmured, and Andy took a seat across from her on the bed. "I should have been here." The elemental breathed, and Caroline shot her a look.

"Andromeda, you don't have to be there for everyone! It's not your job to take care of me-"

"Yes it is." Andy interrupted, reaching forward to place a hand on hers, as cerulean met cornflower blue eyes. "Caroline, you are our family. When you're not okay, I'm not okay. And right now, we are both most definitely not okay." Care let out a teary laugh, and Andy gave her a sad smile. "If it boiled down to it, I would choose you over Elijah. Fate be damned." She said firmly, squeezing Caroline's hand, and her best friend just stared at her, lower lip beginning to quiver.

"Does it ever go away?" She whispered, and Andy pressed her lips tightly together, before shaking her head. "When I lost my mom, while I acted fine, for Reggie's sake, I never got over it. Now that my dad is gone, I feel that same pain, but triple."

"I don't know if I can ever get through this...it hurts so much." Caroline whimpered, Reggie hugging her tightly, and Andy gave her a teary smile. "We'll do it together. Just like everything else." Care let out a sob, and Andromeda pulled her into a tight hug, Reggie in between them as he held onto both girls. Andy cried silently into the blonde's shoulder, her body shaking as she tried to comfort all three of them.

"My mom is trying to figure out who killed them." Caroline breathed against her shoulder, and Andy stiffened, but nodded. "I have to go to the Mikaelson's, but come with me." Andy pleaded, pulling away to look at the blonde. "The twins will be there, and we can have a girl's day." She breathed, Caroline smiled, but shook her head. "I don't think I'm ready to go anywhere, Andy."

The elemental wanted to argue, but she understood. Andy pulled Care into another hug, pressing a warm kiss to her cheek, before letting go. Reggie wrapped his arms around their friend, pressing another kiss to her cheek, and Caroline giggled before letting him go.

"Come on, fear beag. Let's visit our family."

Andy drove to the Mikaelson mansion, knocking briefly, before letting herself in. Music was playing, and Regulus immediately rushed in, Andy following as he threw himself at Elijah. "'Lijah!" He shouted, and the Original immediately picked him up with a groan, pressing a kiss to his head in greeting. "Regulus."