By the Light of the Moon Part Two

It was warm

It was warm. The last dying rays of the summer sun were disappearing, and Phanessa basked in it, lifting her tan face to welcome the last of it's warmth. She sang a soft sweet lullaby as she pushed herself on the wooden porch swing, with a drowsy Andromeda wrapped in her arms.

La la lu
La la lu
Oh, my little star sweeper
I'll sweep the star dust for you

A small Andy's head lied on her mother's smooth collarbone, curls pushed behind her ears as Phanessa lightly ran her fingers across her face. She wore a white summer dress, the color contrasting with her mother's blue one, and cerulean eyes were fluttered shut as she was pulled into a light slumber. Not quite asleep but not fully awake, as Phanessa crooned in her ear.

La la lu la la lu
Little wondering Angel
Fold up your wings, close your eyes
La la lu la la lu
And may love be your keeper
La la lu la la lu
La la lu

Andromeda let out a soundless yawn, her small pink lips forming a perfect O, and Phanessa smiled. She looked up at the sound of the door opening, and was met with a smiling Cameron, green eyes warm and twinkling.

"Let me take her."

Cameron stepped forward, his large frame blocking out the last rays of sun as he stooped forward to gather a sleeping Andy into his arms. He carried her with Andy's head tucked into his neck, arms immediately winding around his shoulders and snuggling deeper before she let out another tired sigh, and Cameron beamed down at his little girl. He held out a hand, and Phanessa accepted it as she stood wearily, a smile playing at her lips.

"She is dreaming." She observed, watching as a light smile passed over her child's face and Cameron looked to her in curiosity. "Are children not meant to dream?"

"Not when there are visitors in their sleep." Phanessa passed a hand over Andy's soft hair, a worried frown passing over her features, and Cameron grasped his wife's hand in his own before pressing a kiss to her palm.

"Is there danger?" His eyes were now painted with concerned, and Phanessa could only smile sadly with a shrug of her shoulders.

"I do not yet know."

***********************
After dropping off an excited Regulus to stay the night and bake sugar cookies with Mrs.Hayes, Andy sped to meet Caroline and a transforming Tyler as the full moon was fast approaching. She grimaced at her once white converses as she trekked through the woods to the old Lockwood cellar, she should have worn boots.

There was still daylight, although dusk was swiftly approaching as Andromeda made her way down the crumbling steps. "Andy! You made it." A grinning Caroline met her at the entryway, Tyler standing behind her with a shocked the expression that swiftly turned to anger. "You told her?" He growled, and Andy raised a nonplussed brow.