The Dinner Party Part One

Elijah was awake

Elijah was awake.

He laid still, watching Andromeda as she slept with her head on his chest, hugging her figure to him as her thigh was thrown across his waist and he ran his fingers through her loose curls as well as played with the waist band of her sweatpants.

Her breath was deep and even, warming his collar bone as he looked down at her long lashes and pink lips parted in sleep. She had cried herself to sleep, the tear tracks dried onto her smooth skin and Elijah wanted to tear everyone apart that had to do with making her so upset. Starting with Damon Salvatore.

Andromeda was insecure, this, Elijah knew. She had abandonment and trust issues. She questioned everything outside of her own control, and did not give her trust out often, but she was absolutely loyal and adoring to those who had it. She was strong willed, his stars, and at every possible change she asked questions upon questions, not only to understand how this would affect her but how would it affect Regulus.

He remembered the time that her mother, Phanessa, had visited him in dreams and not her.

Instead of the usual surroundings of the Mikaelson compound in New Orleans, or Andromeda's childhood home, Elijah opened his eyes to a field. It was a open plain surrounded by trees, and hearing the rushing sound of the falls, Elijah recognized it as Mystic Falls. Instead of his usual suits, he was dressed in a brown tunic and leather trousers, hair falling to his shoulders in loose waves and Elijah looked at his hands and body in puzzlement.

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?" A voice rang out, soft yet compelling, and Elijah spun around to feel the air leave his lungs.

"Tyra?" He breathed, his already slow heart stopping for a moment in shock as he looked over the figure of the woman that looked identical to his first love. The same stormy blue eyes, long, dark hair plaited in two before tumbling down her back in loose wild curls, and a red dress the color of blood adorned her beautiful figure.

She smiled, pomegranate lips parting to show an array of white teeth before she bit said lips, and shook her head.

"I am afraid not. My name, is Phanessa. Tyra is, was, my daughter."

Now that she had said so, as Elijah looked closer he could see that it in fact was not Tyra. This woman was older, appearing physically no older than mid 20's, but her eyes gave away that she was much older.

"Why am I here?" Elijah questioned, eyes narrowing and Phanessa smiled again, a sad one that dimmed her eyes.

"You, have been paying visits to my other child. Andromeda." Elijah's eyes widened in shock, the realization that Tyra was in fact, siblings, to the young girl that visited his dreams suddenly making sense.

"I am here to tell you that there will be no more of that. I have already lost one child to your family, Elijah Mikaelson. I will not lose another." She declared, and Elijah's eyes narrowed slightly before he smiled.