Klaus

Elijah awoke with a gasp, air not travelling to his lungs as he felt as though he was suffocating

Elijah awoke with a gasp, air not travelling to his lungs as he felt as though he was suffocating. His oak wood eyes snapped open, blinking owlishly at the girl he mistook for Katerina. "Elijah, it's me. Elena." She whispered, and Elijah blinked before closing his eyes, struggling to breathe. Elena jerked away in surprise as Elijah struggled to get up, feeling as though the walls were crushing in on him as darkness shrouded his vision.

"What's happening to me?" He breathed, trying to rush towards the door before slamming into an invisible barrier. "I can't... I can't be in this house." Elijah choked out, feeling Elena's arms wrap around him as she breathed. "You're not invited in."

"You need to get me out of here."

Elijah jerked away from her hold and sped outside, falling to his knees as air finally returned to his lungs, and sunlight warmed his dirt-streaked skin. At the doppelganger's approach, he slowly looked up at her, and tried to speed towards her before slamming into the barrier across the threshold. The Original glared at Elena, bearing his teeth in anger, as he snarled.

"Where is Andromeda?"

*******************************

"Daddy!"

Andromeda had just finished getting Regulus dressed, and was currently turning the coffee pot on, as she called up the stairs. "Dad, I'm making-" She stopped, turning around at seeing a note in the small dish on top of the kitchen island, next to her car keys. At seeing it addressed to her, she read it quickly, before a scowl painted over her features.

Cameron wrote a note saying that something came up at work, so he had to leave early that morning. He apologized, saying that he would call later in the evening, and Andromeda rolled her eyes. "Of course, he bloody did." Andy whispered, tearing the note apart as she pushed the wave of hurt down, before calling Reggie downstairs for breakfast.

As Andy helped the toddler into his car seat her phone rang, she answered it quickly without looking at the caller ID while strapping him in. "Hello?"

"Andy. I need your help." Elena's voice breathed over the speaker, and Andy paused in her movements as she looked at the phone in surprise. "Elena? To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"I'm headed to Mrs. Lockwood's, do you mind meeting me? I need your help with something." Elena asked, and Andy climbed into the driver's seat as she replied. "Why aren't you asking Boy Wonder?"

"Please, Andy? It's important." The doppelganger pleaded, and Andromeda rolled her eyes before nodding. "Let me take the bairn to school first, I'll see you there." Andy hung up, driving Reggie to school. As she drove to Mrs. Lockwood's, her phone buzzed with calls from Damon and she frowned, but didn't answer as she had a feeling it had to do with why Elena asked to meet.

"Mrs. Lockwood? Elena?" Andromeda called out as she entered the home, looking around, and Elena stepped out of the parlor with a sigh of relief at seeing Andy. "Thank goodness, you're here."