As I Lay Dying

Andromeda parked her car in front of the Salvatore boarding house haphazardly,  throwing her seat belt off, and quickly unbuckling Regulus from his car seat as she rushed into the house

Andromeda parked her car in front of the Salvatore boarding house haphazardly, throwing her seat belt off, and quickly unbuckling Regulus from his car seat as she rushed into the house. "Damon! Stefan!" She called out, holding Reggie's hand in hers as she quickly entered the parlor.

"Andy." The elemental spun around, her hand resting on her chest in relief at seeing the younger Salvatore, before stepping forward with a furious expression. "Where is he?" She bit out, and Stefan ran a hand through his hair as he stepped closer to the siblings.

"You brought Reggie?" Stefan gestured to the toddler, who had let go of Andy's hand to sit on one of the couches, his tablet in hand. "Mrs. Hayes had a doctor's appointment, and I've been leaving him with her too often. Now, where is he?" Andy asked again, her tone was calm, but her eyes blazed with anger as Stefan sighed.

"In the cellar."

"Bairn, stay here." Andromeda instructed, and Regulus nodded in understanding as Andy sped down the stairs towards the cellar. At coming across an imprisoned Damon, Andromeda banged on the door, gaining the vampire's attention as he groaned. "Who told you?"

"Stefan did. You tried to off yourself this morning? Really, Day?!"

"I was trying to skip to the ending, princess. We both know what's going to happen." Damon breathed, struggling to sit on his knees, and Andy shook her head fiercely. "No."

"Andy, baby-"

"No, Damon! I can't lose you, I refuse!" Tears gathered behind her eyes and Damon rushed forward, clutching at the bars as he gazed at her. This was the most vulnerable she had ever seen him, features painted with remorse, and tundra eyes appearing as light snowfall.

"There is no cure, princess."

"Bonnie will find one. I'll let her channel me-"

"Andy, you know that you can't-"

"I have to try!" Andy cried, placing her hands over his, and Damon gave her a broken smile. "I'm sorry that I snapped your neck."

"Damon, don't-"

"Listen to me. I am sorry that I almost killed you. I am sorry that I hurt you, so many times..." The older Salvatore gave the young girl such a soft look, reaching his arm forward through the bars, to cup her cheek. "I'm sorry that I chose Elena over you." Andy's breath hitched, and Damon smiled sadly at her.

"I'm sorry, that I didn't put you first. That I couldn't be the man you deserved, the man you wanted. And I'm sorry, that as selfish as it sounds, I still loved you anyway."

"Damon..." Andromeda let a sob escape her, clutching his hand to her cheek as the vampire tried to shush her. This was Damon. Her first kiss, her first love. Her best friend. And she could not lose him. "We'll find a way. I promise, we'll find a way." She breathed, and Damon nodded, though she could see the doubt in his eyes.