Fruit of The Poisoned Tree

Andromeda laid across Elijah's chest, her Original lightly tracing circles across the bare skin of her back as they laid together

Andromeda laid across Elijah's chest, her Original lightly tracing circles across the bare skin of her back as they laid together. A few days had passed since she returned from Mystic Falls, and Elijah was there to comfort her as much as he could. He didn't bring up their argument from before, there was no point, as he knew that Andy would refuse to leave New Orleans. Refuse to leave him.

So, Elijah swore to himself that he would protect her to the best of his capabilities, and make sure no witch or vampire laid a hand on her.

"We should get up." He breathed into her hair, but made no move to remove himself from her arms, as Andy let out a deep sigh. "Must we? This past week has been peaceful." She murmured softly, feeling the rumbling of Elijah's chest as he chuckled. "You know as well as I, that this is the calm before the storm. We must prepare." Elijah moved to sit up, and Andromeda whined in protest, her Original laughing as she moved to straddle him.

The wine colored sheets hid her front from him, and Elijah leaned back against the headboard with a soft smile as he looked at her. Andy's tousled chestnut curls tumbled down her back, and her cerulean orbs blinked at him tiredly, pomegranate hued lips parting with a yawn as he cupped her cheek. "Have I told you that your eyes are my favorite color?" He breathed in awe, and Andy blinked in surprise, a light flush dusting across her cheeks.

"Are they really?"

"Yes. The color of storm clouds gathering on the horizon, oceans churning as heavy winds blow, ready to drown any man who falls within their depths." Her Original murmured with a loving smile, sitting up to bump his nose against hers, and Andromeda giggled as she brushed her lips across his. "Ever so charming, Mr. Mikaelson." She whispered softly, and Elijah let a chuckle escape him. "I aim to please, Ms. Kokkinos." He breathed, before capturing her lips in a slow, loving kiss, and Andy melted against his chest with a sigh. "May every morning be like this." She prayed, and Elijah smiled against her lips.

"They will be. I know, that it seems as though I make the same promises over and over," Andromeda leaned away to stare into his eyes, his woodland orbs piercing as he breathed. "And I know that I have broken them more times than I care to admit. But I swear to you, if I ever am to part from your side, know that it is not by choice. I would never leave you willingly, not even for another. There is only you."

Andy looked away at that, and Elijah caught her chin between his thumb and index finger, forcing her to look at him. "I have noticed the tension between you and Hayley." He stated, and Andy bit back a scoff. "There is no tension. I like her well enough, but if she continues to gaze at you with such looks of longing, then I shall gouge out her eyes." Andromeda replied, completely serious, and Elijah sighed dramatically as he wrapped his arms around her.

"What am I to do with you?"

"Love me. I need nothing else, but for things to remain as they are between us." Andy cupped his face in her hands, pressing their foreheads together with a soft look. "I trust you. I know you promised to protect Hayley, and I have sworn to protect her as well. I won't let my own possessiveness cloud that, but she will know that you are mine." She stated firmly, and Elijah chuckled. "I have been yours for a thousand years, long before you existed. There is no need for concern." Elijah kissed her again, and Andromeda let out a laugh as he flipped them over, pressing her against the soft mattress.