1

*Disclaimer: This first chapter is present day, however from chapter 2, it's the past that's leading up to this moment.*

Chrysta

It's no secret that blessings come in various forms and the most common one being the birth of your child. As I sat in the birthing pool, with his father behind me, gently massaging the sides of my belly, the anticipation of our first born grew more and more. Looking back at him, knowing how nervous he was, a light chuckle left my lips.

"Babe?"

Gaining his attention, though I called softly, I smiled before he kissed me on my forehead.

"I love you." He whispered so softly.

Exhaling, I laid my head on him as I relaxed my body in his arms. We've been at it for the past couple hours and I was tired at this point. It was now going on three in the morning and all I wanted was to sleep.

"Alright Chrys, ready?" My midwife looked at me.

Nodding yes, she patted the side of my leg, telling me to relax. Our son was almost out and I felt the intensity of it. Taking a deep breath, I leaned forward in a kneeling position. Also getting into position, August rubbed my lower back as he coached me through the process.

"You're doing great love." I felt his lips on my back. "Just take your time and let him ease out."

Feeling him coming through, I couldn't help but groan immensely, feeling the pain, as I didn't want to scream. Coming in front of me while I leaned on the edge of the pool, my doula rubbed the sides of my shoulders while humming, bringing me to a sense of calm.

"Aug?" The midwife called. "I need you to get ready. Place your hands and cup his head."

"Okay." I heard him say followed by feeling his hands between my leg.

"Chrys, love? This is it, okay."

"I'm so tired." I fussed a bit.

"I know love but it's almost over. Okay?"

Nodding, I mustered up the last bit of strength I had and gave it my all. Pushing down, while feeling the pressure of his head coming out, I kept it up as both August and my midwife encouraged me. It was on that push when he came out and I felt beyond relieved.

Catching him as I slumped over the pools' side, completely drained, the sounds of August praising me was heard.

"You did love." He kissed my shoulder. "You're so amazing." He said as I turned and sat properly.

Hearing both my doula and midwife congratulate me, I managed to muster up a smile for them. Feeling Aug's lips on my temple as he placed our son in my arms, it was then when my emotions got the best of me.

"I love you." I cried as I held him. "Aug, he's here." I looked back at him.

"And healthy." He spoke as he gently rubbed his full head of hair.

My son was beautiful.

"Time to finish off Chrys. Daddy you hold him while she passes the placenta."

"Okay." August agreed while taking him from my arms.

Massaging my belly, I was asked to push once again. With nothing happening, I stopped and exhaled. Shaking my head, the tiredness was getting to me.

"We're almost there Chrysta. I'm just going to do a sweep."

"Mhmm." I nodded as she did what she said she was doing.

"We're almost done ma." Aug said in attempt to lift my spirit. "Almost done." He pecked my lips.