90

August

"Mmm, something smells good."

Entering the kitchen Chrysta stood by the pot stirring it. After last night, things been a bit rough with us but I was trying not to let it get the best of me and us. Kissing her on her exposed shoulder, I then went and greet our wide awake daughter who was in her carrier on the counter.

"What do you think about going out tonight, just the two of us?"

"I'm fine with that."

"Aight, well I'll ask Cha if she minds babysitting." I chuckled as I got out my phone.

Calling my sister in law, she didn't hesitate to take up the offer. With everyone have a couple more days here, I personally wanted to get as much alone time as possible with my wife.

"Babe?"

"Mmm?" She glanced over at me.

"Are you still upset with me?"

Taking a deep breath, she exhaled before answering.

"No, I'm not."

"Okay. Again I apologize."

"Yeah."

Coming over to me, she held up the spoon she was using for me to taste.

"Add a little more salt."

Nodding, she went back to the pot of sauce. Shortly after our son came out from his session with his tutor. Turning off the stove, Chrys instructed him to wash up while she served his lunch.

"You ready babe?"

"Yeah I'll take mine now. Let me see if Natasha wants any."

"No thank you." Her voice was heard as she came in. "I'm actually leaving now."

"Yeah babe, she has an appointment to get too."

"Oh aight. You mentioned to her our plan."

"Yes she did and though I'm sad, it's good too."

"Don't give up on us though, it's a trial."

"Yes, Mrs. Alsina told me that as well." She laughed.

"Good."

When our son came back, Natasha left and we sat to have lunch. Informing him of tonight's plan, he acknowledged it.

"Y'all wanna do something after we eat here?"

"Pool!" Aug said instantly.

"Pool it is." I laughed.

Getting down in Chrysta's pasta bolognese we conversed. August told us about his session today which we were proud of where he was at.

"You want to include any other extracurricular activities bub?" Chrys asked.

"I would love to learn how to play the pan." He looked at Chrysta and smiled.

"Really?"

"Mhmm." He nodded.

"Well aight. I'm sure we can find someone outchea who teaches it. If not?"

"Football." He spoke.

"As in soccer?" I asked.

"No football like what you played dad."

"Yeah?"

"Mhmm. I want to try different things."

"And we're all for you doing that." Chrys rubbed his head. "Please don't stress us when you're a teen." She then fake cried."