18

August

"I'm sure she's fine goon." Terrence reassured me.

Pacing the waiting area, I ignored people who acknowledged me. It's been half an hour since Chrystal's flight had landed and she wasn't anywhere to be seen. Knowing it was a long shot, I attempted calling her but it just went to voicemail.

"Ion know man. She should have been out by now. What if something happened to her and the baby?"

"Don't even go there man. She's fine. I'm sure she is."

Sighing, I rubbed my hands down my face. Looking around, I caught sight of a guy holding a sign with her name on it.

"Yo!" I called out to him as I made my way to him. "We're here for her."

"Come with me sir." He smiled.

"He's smiling so that means she's good." Terrence said.

Catching up to him, we walked a bit up a hallway before coming up to a door that seemed to be a sick bay. As soon as he opened the door and I saw her, I rushed over to her side. Sitting on a cot, I was more worried than before.

"Baybeh? What's wrong? Y'all good?"

"I just want to lay down." She said lowly.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Based on what the flight attendant said, the turbulence before the plane landed, was too much for her. Her nausea kicked in but we had her checked and she and the baby are fine." He smiled.

"Thank God." I sighed. "T, you mind getting her bag?"

Nodding in agreement, as he was directed to where it was, I helped her up. Standing, she took a deep breath then exhaled.

"C'mon mama, let's get out of here."

Taking my time, we walked out of the room. To my surprise, someone was there waiting with a wheelchair. Saying thank you to them, as Terrence pushed the chair, I walked with her bag. Seeing her look so sick just broke me.

"When we get to the hotel, I'll draw you a nice bath and you relaxed and settled, aight?"

Giving me a thumbs up, I smiled. Making it to the carpark, as I placed her bag in the trunk, Terrence helped her in. Getting in as well, we waited while he returned the wheelchair, then left.

"Babe?"

"Love?" I kissed her on her forehead.

"I'm hungry."

"I bet you are." I rubbed her forhead. "When we get back to the hotel, you can order anything you want."

"Mmm." She nodded as she laid her head on me.

Glancing at her, her eyes were closed and light snores were coming from her. Smiling, I felt at ease now that she was comfortable.
********

"Are you sure you can't make it?"

"I still feel nauseated babe. I don't want you worrying about me if I'm sick while you're on stage."

"Like I ain't gonna worry about you being here, by yourself."

"At least I'll be resting. I'm not going anywhere, so you go and do your thing."

"Fine." I sighed.

Walking by her, I leaned in and kissed her. Heading into the bathroom, I grabbed my hair brush and began brushing my hair. Getting myself ready for tonight, I honestly wished Chrys would have been stage side for the concert tonight.