35

Chrysta

"I wonder what's taking daddy so long?"

Looking at my son as he laid in his carrier, I was happy that he was awake and in a good mood. Officially a month old, we were taking him to get his first set of shots done and I was nervous about how he was going to relax.

"Let me try him again." I spoke pressing his contact.

Putting the phone on speaker, I made silly faces to my son while it rang. Going to voicemail again, I sighed and decide to call Terrence. At this point, I had tried both of them equal amounts of times and I was both concerned and annoyed.

"Neither daddy nor uncle Terrence are answering babe, so I guess we're on the move together." I sighed.

Taking out my wallet and the spare keys from my bag, I placed it into the baby's bag. Opening the Uber app, I put in the location and requested a ride. Once the ride was picked up and the driver contacted me, I instructed her to meet me by the park instead of here at the house.

"Alright, let's go love."

Dropping the wheels to his stroller, I got the bag and headed to the door. Setting the alarm, I left and locked up. Taking my time, I was grateful for the fact that the weather was a bit cool and the breeze was blowing.

Aug's neighborhood was really secluded and private. The houses were spaced out significantly, allowing privacy to each home. Reaching the park, as I sat, my phone rang. Seeing the driver's number, I answered and looked around till I saw the car pulling up. Making my way over to her, I smiled as she got out.

"Hiiii." She said with a bubbly personality. "Let me give you a hand."

"Thanks."

Once we were settled, we were on our way. Making sure baby Aug was comfortable, my attention shifted when the driver spoke.

"This is a really nice neighborhood. Seems peaceful and relaxing."

"It most definitely is." I nodded. "And you get some of the best breeze by that park too." I laughed lightly.

"Oh. So that's why you asked to meet you there."

"Mhmm. Yeah. He loves it." I glanced at my son.

"He's so adorable." She looked at him in the rear view mirror. "What's his name? If you don't mind me asking."

"Anthony." I smiled.

"Nice. So are you new to Georgia? I'm hearing an accent."

"Somewhat. I come out here to visit family and well to have this little one."

"Nice. Judging from the accent, I'd say Caribbean."

"Yes, Trinidad."

"That was going to be my next guess." She laughed. "My mom's husband is from there."

"Ah okay."

As we continued on the ride, I texted Aug letting him know that we were on our way. Glancing at my phone every so often, I was hoping for a response but got nothing. I was trying not to get concerned but it was a bit worrying.

After almost an hour drive, we pulled up in the parking lot. Paying the driver and giving her a tip, I got out as she helped me out with the carrier.

"Thanks again." I smiled before walking off.

Checking in for our time, I sat and waited on Aug to show up. Going into the baby bag, just as I got my phone out, he began to fuss. Knowing that was his hungry fuss, I got him out and situated.