80

August

"Baybeh?"

"Mmm." She turned to me.

"I'm going to take Aug over by Kevin and then come back for you, aight?"

"Okay." She said then turned back her head.

Walking around to the other side I got in the bed, causing her to reopen her eyes.

"Wah?" She asked.

"I love you." I simply said before kissing her.

"I love you too." She smiled.

"That's what I wanted to see."

Patting her on her backside, I got up then left, meeting our son downstairs. It's been three days since the break in and as grateful as we were that it was being handled privately, I was ready to take matters into my own hands.

"You ready son?"

"Yeah." He nodded as he got his bag.

Opening the door, as he went out, I set the alarm before closing and locking it. We were still stay at a friend's rental and honestly I wasn't sure for how long exactly.

"Make sure and be on your best behavior with your Godfather aight?"

"Yeah dad."

"Okay good."

After Chrys gave her description of the men the day after all that mess, she admitted to me that she didn't feel comfortable going back to our home. Aside from that, she hadn't been sleeping good at night. Though I was already going to handle things my way, it was going to be worse now that my wife is experiencing some form of post traumatic stress.

"How long will I be there for?"

"Uncle Kevin said you can stay for as long as you want but it won't be that long."

"Is momma gonna be okay?"

"Why you ask?"

"She hasn't been herself. I know she tries to be but I can tell the difference."

"Ya intuition is strong huh?" I smirked. "But she'll be alright. That's why daddy wants you to chill with uncle Kevin for a bit."

"Okay."

Rubbing his head, he playfully pushed away my hand, telling me I'm messing up his curls. Laughing, I shook my head as I continued driving. With music playing, I glanced at my so on as he sang and rap every song that played while he played his game. Smirking to myself, one thing I was proud about was how beautifully he was growing.

After making the forty five minute drive to Kevin's momma's house, I got out and got his bag as he got out as well. Though he wasn't aware of what happened, he was always open to taking Aug when he can. Pressing the doorbell, not too long after his momma answered. Greeting us, she hugged Aug like she always did. The love they had for him was everything.

"Kevin's our back." She informed me. "I'll take his bag."

"Thank you." I nodded.

"Aug, come wash up love." She called him.

Making my way out back, I acknowledged everyone as I made my way over to him by the grill. Dapping, we hugged.

"Your moms got him."

"Okay cool. Everything good?"

"Nah man." I shook my head and exhaled.

"What's going on?"

"When you heading back to Atlanta?"

"Next weekend, why?"

"So we ain't tell anyone but the house got hit three days ago."