54

Chrysta

"Shan!?"

"Yes?" She entered my room. "I was on my way when you called." She laughed. "What's up?"

"Promise me you'll behave when you get to Atlanta."

"Yuh know I don't make promises I can't keep. Just be lucky I'm not coming today with you."

Taking a deep breath, I exhaled. Today we were both traveling, just she was going to Chicago first and then coming to Atlanta the day after Christmas.

"I still can't believe you didn't tell me that shit sooner."

"Honestly, I didn't tell you because I was embarrassed. You told me and I didn't listen."

"You're my best friend and I'll always tell you my honest opinion, whether you take it or not. You have no reason to feel embarrassed about anything." She hugged me.

"I don't even know what I did to her for her to feel that way towards me." I sighed.

"You did nothing. She threatened by you because she knows Aug has found someone whom he can be himself and happy with. Fuck her."

"Even Kevin couldn't believe she said those things."

"That's another thing. How yuh go tell Kevin before yuh tell me? I doh like that at all." She play hit me.

"It wasn't deliberate. He called while I was crying about it."

"Or hor, because I'm not about to fight for my best friend spot."

"Fight wah? Yuh done have that spot lock." We laughed.

"Good. Now? yuh going to tell August?"

"I will."

"Good. I'm glad he stood up to her where waking my godson was concerned but he needs to know how she truly feels."

"What about you though?"

"Me what?"

"You and Travis. He has the same mother you know."

"I know and Travis and I are just friends. We've established that boundary especially after that New Years kiss and Carnival."

"So he didn't spend thanksgiving with you?"

"Nope. He wanted to but I reminded him that he has a daughter and he should be with her."

"Him and Tima are?"

"He says coparenting but honestly, I don't believe him so." She shrugged. "I'll admit, I like Travis. We have similar likes and we have a good time but he has to sort out his personal life as well as career wise."

"About that?"

"He is adamant about being an actor but he isn't serious. Doing short films and stuff is one thing but he has to know it's going to take more than being August Alsina's brother to get out there."

"That is true."

"But overall, Travis is a decent guy."

"Once you know where you stand."

"I do. I'm not trying to waste more years on anyone."

"I'm hoping it's not the same with Aug to be honest."

"I'm hoping so too. This is why you need to speak up when you don't like something."

"I know but you know how I was before so I don't want any kind of confrontation."

"Confrontation is a part of life sis and with the mother they have, yuh going to have to face it at some points. Just don't get physical."

"Girl." I shook my head. "He asked if I see myself migrating if things get serious"