9

Date: 29th December, 2015

Still in shock by the fact that I was pregnant, I can't stop thinking about how much life was going to change.

"Me, a mother." Is all I kept repeating to myself as the hours went by.

After the conversation with Aug, I decided to just let it all go where his mother was concerned. What was important was the fact that we both knew and that' was that. 

Even being the person that I am, whether he was going to be involved or not, I know I got this. The next step now is to tell my parents.

This should be interesting.

*******

Taking a sip of my blueberry tea, I was finished writing in my journal while simply enjoying the coolness of the early morning breeze on the balcony of Aug's room. Glancing inside, he was fast asleep still, which I wasn't surprised by as it was after five in the morning. As I picked up my phone to check it, a video call came through from my mother.

"What are you doing up this hour ma'am?"

"My mind ran on you just now so I decided to call."

"Suppose I was sleeping?"

"Then you wouldn't have answered but seeing as you did, what are you doing up?"

Sighing, I decided to just come out and tell my mother.

"I have a lot on my mind."

"Did something happen?"

"Yes." I admitted.

"Something bad? Did he do something to you?"

"Nah, Aug didn't do anything to me per say."

"Chrysta?"

"Alright fine. Remember how I told you I wasn't feeling good since before I came out here and then how I was on Christmas?"

"Mhmm."

"Well I found out I'm pregnant mommy."

"You're pregnant? Oh my gosh." She smiled. "How far along?"

"Three months."

"Wait a minute?"

"Yup."

"Well, your summer certainly ended with a high note." She joked.

"Urgh!" I tried not to laugh.

"How did he take it?"

"He was so calm. The way he held my hand while we did the second ultrasound just relaxes me." I smiled looking at him.

"That's great sweetie."

"Yeah but his mother doesn't believe he's his. I overheard her suggesting to him to do a paternity test."

"Then give it to them. You have nothing to hide."

"I did tell him organize it and he told me no."

"Well then just leave it at that. He knows y'all have nothing to prove so just leave it as is."

"But?"

"No buts Chrys. I am saying this because I somewhat understand where his mother is coming from. That is her son and he has celebrity status so she will be protective, don't take it personally."