69

August

"Yuh sure Chaylin would be able to manage him?"

"Yes baybeh."

Looking at Chrysta, she had this uneasy look on her face. I've been in New Orleans with our son a couple days now. While out here, I got hit up by one of my promoter friends to do an appearance at his club. It was last minute and I did accept before properly analyzing the situation but I didn't want to let him down.

"Okay. What time Chandra would be back?"

"She said eleven for the latest."

Chandra had a private job tonight, styling some hair and it completely slipped my mind. Though Chrys didn't want to stop me from my job, it was clear she was concerned about our son and his well-being.

"Everything will be fine. Chay knows how to take care of him, she has the experience."

"I know eh. I'd just be more comfortable if an adult was there too, yuh know."

"Chrys, I swear he'll be safe." We heard behind me.

Putting my attention on her, Chaylin stood there with a puppy dog eyes.

"I believe yuh love, it's just a mommy thing, but it's fine. Just please follow our routine."

"I will, I promise." She smiled.

"Okay." Chrysta exhaled.

I knew this was hard for her but I had faith in my niece. Apologizing again for not thinking things through, she nodded and accepted it.

"Just have fun and be safe."

"I will love. What you getting into tonight?"

"Nothing, to be honest. I just home here."

"Where your girls at?"

"Shanice went out with what's his name, Keron. Kari and Sapphire are with their guys."

"I still can't believe Shanice got herself a man. I really thought she and Travis would have hit it off."

"Aye, she ain't claim him yet, she's still feeling him out." Chrys laughed. "And well I know my friend, she not here for instability."

"I understand and Ion get her wrong. I've been talking to Trav about settling down and getting serious bout his life. Cali is growing up and he gotta decide on what he wants to do. Is it be with Tima and his daughter or what."

"Exactly. What yuh plan on wearing tonight?"

"Just keeping it simple. I'll call you before I leave for you to see."

"Thank you." She smiled. "Allyuh set for tomorrow?"

"More or less. Cha's momma and em are coming over too and they bringing food as well."

"Okay." She nodded. "Have you spoken to your mother?"

"Not really."

"Do you think y'all would ever mend y'all relationship."

"Probably. When she apologizes to you." I shrugged.

"Let that go."

"What?"

"That hope. Let it go. It's not going to happen, well any time soon that is. I've accepted it so you need to do the same."

"And if I don't want to?"