3

Date: 15th December, 2015

What a week!

After having what felt like the worst week ever, I was happy to say it was over and I was on vacation for the remainder of the year. From feeling sick, to dealing with my children at work and then my mother's displeasure of me not being home for Christmas, I was just ready for this trip.

Of course, while trying to get through all of this, my ex decided that he would be more active in my life now than he's was during our relationship. Sometimes I wonder what I did in my past life to deserve this but I know it's just another stumbling block along the way.

On the plus side, within this past week, my conversations with Aug helped me a lot. Though he had known bits and pieces of my past relationship, he still allowed me to vent when I needed too, with no judgement. He understood how I was feeling when we spoke and he not only respected, but he provided sound advice when I needed it.

Now packed and ready to head to the airport, I was somewhat nervous as to how this Christmas was going to be. Aside from going to Chicago last Christmas with Shanice, I've never been away from home during the holidays, but I was going to make the most of it.

Here's to a Georgia Christmas!

*******

"Aye, yuh ready?"

Looking up from my bag, I watched my brother as he stood in the door way with a bowl in his hand.

"Is every time I will have to tell yuh bout just walking in my house like this?"

"This is mommy's house, yours round the corner and ain't done yet."

"That's besides the point."

"For someone who need a drop to the airport, yuh very rude yuh know."

"Whatever. Just give me a second."

Walking off, I double checked my bag to make sure I had everything I needed. I was packing very light as I did plan on getting some shopping in, granted that I found some thrift shops with cute pieces. Making sure the house was secured, I left, locking the door behind me.

"Roxi coming with us?"

"Yeah, let her come for the drive."

"Okay." I smiled as I petted my dog. "Did you take her food?"

"No."

"So what will she eat?"

"Her food, I'll be in the house while you're gone."

"Just try and keep it clean for me please. I left it so and I want to meet it back the same way and don't have no set of people in my space either. Do yuh entertaining at your apartment."

"Oh gosh! Relax nah."

"I'm serious."

"I won't mess up the house, Chrysta. You made groceries though right?"

Sucking my teeth, I ignored him. As music played, while on our way, I glanced in the side mirror and smiled as I watched my dog enjoying the breeze.

"Answer yuh phone nah."

Shaking out of my thoughts, I got it out of my bag and answered it as it was our father calling.

"The least you could have done was tell me you weren't taking me anymore."

"Why? Not telling you is more fun." He laughed.

"You're a mess. Why are you calling me old man?"