61

August

"Yo, Era!?!"

Jogging over to him as he stopped, we dapped.

"Have you spoken to Chrysta?"

"Nah, not recently."

"Aight, thanks."

"Want me to call her?"

"Nah. I'll call her again."

Allowing him to go back to what he was doing, I made my way back to my hotel room. I'll admit, I was a bit harsh with her during our last conversation but that's only because I was worried I couldn't reach her.

Re-entering my room, I sat on the bed and decided to FaceTime her. About to press her contact, a call came through.

"Wassup Cha?"

"Hey, nothing much. Just checking up on you. All good?"

"Yeah."

"Are you sure?"

"What's up Cha? What's with all the questions?"

"I just got a feeling and decided to call."

"A feeling?"

"Mhmm. I like to call it your brother alerting me." She laughed.

Letting out a laugh as well, I then sighed. Rubbing my hands down my face, I looked at her.

"Talk to me Aug. what's going on?"

"I think Chrys is mad at me."

"You think?"

"Alright, Chrys is mad at me."

"And why is that?"

"We haven't spoken much since I've been on the road so she feeling some type of way."

"Are you sure that's all?"

"Yes. Why would you even ask me that."

"Because honestly, Ion believe that's all. From the time I've spent around her, Chrysta seems very non-confrontational and very understanding. She'll go the peace route just to keep stress free or simply to keep the peace."

"Yeah that's her."

"Right, plus I know she's deeply in love with you. The way she looks at you with adoration, and always looking out for you, I personally don't see her being mad at you just because y'all haven't spoken. Moody, yes but not mad."

"I got upset with her because she forgot her phone home when she went out."

"Ahhh. Now we're getting somewhere."

"I let my frustration get the best of me and I lashed out at her."

"Mmmm. What else?"

"Honestly, I've just been living while on the road."

"Like if you're single and childless right?"

"You make it sound bad when you say it like that."

"I'm just calling it what it is. We've all been seeing the pictures of you out and about, day or night. So I'm sure she has as well."

"She rarely ever on social media."

"Okay and? Your actions are still seen especially by your mother whom you told has to respect Chrys as your girl and the mother of your child but it's not looking like if you do."