17

August

"Wassup momma?"

"Well I thought I had to make an appointment to talk to you."

"What's that suppose to mean?"

Grabbing my duffel bag, I made sure I had everything before leaving the room. Today was a busy day and it had already started off bad with me being late for an interview.

"I've been trying to call you you since last week."

"Oh okay. Well you got me now, y'all good?"

"So far yea. What about you?"

"Well aside from being late to an interview, I'm cool."

"Busy day?"

"More like week. It's crazy because I just had a dope relaxing week in Trinidad and now I'm back to the hectic life."

"Oh, I forgot you went out there. How was that?"

Explaining to my momma how my week was and all that we got into, I felt a sense of pride relaying my girl's culture to her. The overall experience was good even though it wasn't a full one.

"I feel like we all should do carnival one day."

"And miss Mardi Gras?"

"Trust me momma, this is more than Mardi Gras."

"Mmm." She hummed. "So is he going to stay in Trinidad when he's born? How is that going to work?"

"When we get there, we'll cross that bridge. For now, everything is how it is.

"I just want to be sure that you know what you've gotten yourself into."

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"I'm just saying what I've been saying from the beginning, you don't know this girl the way you think you do. Y'all been so called friends for four years and only now you've been out there? Why she never invited you to come out there then?"

"Really momma?"

"Yes really. I don't like this at all. Something doesn't sit right with her. She seems too per-"

"She has invited me out there in the past." I cut her off. "I was the one who was too busy to go even when she made time for me."

Not saying anything after that, I shook my head. Asking her about my nieces and nephew was going, she gave me an update on all of them. Asking more about Chaylin, she told me how her behavior has changed drastically since Christmas.

"Cha thinks she's been speaking to someone."

"Like a counselor?"

"Yeah, but she's not for certain."

"That's good though."

"It honestly is. It hope it lasts. Anyway, let me leave you too it. Be safe out there."

"Thanks momma, you too."

Pulling up to the interview, just before getting out, I called Chrysta. Ringing out, I sent her a message letting her know I was going into the interview and that I'd call her when I'm free.

Entering the studio, I greeted everyone I passed by. Ushering me into the room set up for me, I apologized for being late as I got settled. Telling me it was okay, we got into the interview session one time.

*******

"What we bout to get into next?"

Having lunch at a local restaurant, I was ready for my day to end and to get some sleep.