86

August

"Aug?"

Entering my son's room, I smile as I saw him sitting on his chair reading. Gaining he love for reading from his mother, when he told us he wanted a little library corner in there, we didn't hesitate.

"Hey dad?" He looked up then went back to his book.

"You got your clothes all set?"

"Yup." He nodded. "Laid out right over there."

Pointing to his bed, I nodded in approval of his choice of outfit. Approaching him as he read one of those whimpy kids book, I kissed him on his forehead before walking out.

One thing I prided myself on was how I was able to show and raise my son in and with love. I never had it growing up as a child but I didn't let that stop me from doing what I wished I had gotten.

"Dad?"

"Yo?" I turned to him,

"I love you."

"I love you too son." I smiled before leaving.

As I was about to head downstairs, the sound of my daughter caught me. Entering our bedroom, Chrys was lightly pacing back and forth as she tried to calm her.

"What happened?"

"Gas. I feel."

"Yeah because she only want to be drinking fast." I shook my head as I took her.

Laying her on the bed, I gently massaged her belly then stretched her by her legs before pushing them up, allowing her to release the gas instantly and stop crying.

"See why I love you." Chrys said before kissing me.

Telling her I'd take over and she can go ahead and relax, she gladly took the opportunity to get some her time. Lifting my daughter, I gently rocked till she eventually fell asleep.

Laying her in her crib in her room, I then went looking for my wife, only to see her standing in front the fridge with bottle of orange juice to her mouth.

"Same shit you be telling Aug not to do, but look at you." I laughed.

"Oh hush." She fanned me off. "What did you cook?" She then checked the pots on the stove.

"Mashed potatoes and Trini style stew chicken." I replied as she got a bowl.

"Smells good." She complimented as she served herself.

"Thanks love." I went into the fridge and grabbed a beer.

"You ready to introduce our little star to our family?"

"Whenever you're ready love."

"How we gonna do this? Share in the group chats and then ignore all calls?"

"I'm fine with that." I laughed. "You type out something and send it to me so they get it all the same."

"Okay cool."

Sitting with her legs folded and the plate on it, she typed out a simple caption and messaged me. Agreeing on the pictures, we pasted the message 'Happy New Year to you from us, featuring our little star Celeste✨' and press send.

Laughing at how quickly our phones began vibrating, Thankfully no one called at the moment we replied accordingly.

"Has she said anything?"

"Nah." I shook my head and shrugged.

I knew my mother saw the message but for whatever reason she chose not to reply and I wasn't going to force her.