83

August

August

"So how did it go?"

"It was interesting but good. thanks again for recommending the psychologist."

"No problem woe. Our mental health is important."

"It sure is."

On FaceTime with Kevin, Chrysta was taking a nap with our son since we had gotten back home. After our talk a couple days ago,  I called and thanked Kevin for helping us open up to each other. It was during that conversation he recommended his psychologist.

Grateful for the fact that it was a virtual session, we didn't have to worry about leaving the house especially with how Chrys been feeling all day today.

"Chrys sleeping?"

"Yeah. Today was a rough day for her. I'm glad she was able to push through for the session."

"It was that bad?"

"Man, your goddaughter was doing it to her today."

"Damn. I hope she feels better."

"Me too. I'm ready for this pregnancy to be over so she won't have to deal with the bad part."

"I can only imagine." He chuckled.

"I know I ask you this regularly, but how you been?"

"I've been good man. I'm doing better than I was a couple months ago so that's a plus."

"It definitely is."

Six months ago, Kevin's wife, Alana, passed away due to cancer. It was a death that shocked and devastated all of us. Alana was a perfect fit for him. Within three months of them being together, he came to me and said he was going to propose and I told him go for it.

Married for three years this year, when they found out she had cancer, within a month it had done serious damage and one day he just called us, giving us the news.

"I still miss her like crazy though."

"Of course you would. She was your person, your other half."

"She was." He exhaled. "In due time things will get better."

"In due time for real and you know we got you over here."

"Most definitely." He nodded. "And I gotta thank you and Chrys for being there for me."

"You know I'm not a stranger to death, but Chrys thought me how to deal with those emotions in a healthy way so I knew she would have been able to help you."

"We both got blessed in the partners area. It's like Chrys told me, we all have a purpose in life and she fulfilled hers with me."

"I never thought of it like that."