78

Chrysta

"You sure you don't need me to come by?"

"Yes Kevin. I'm good. I'm actually heading out now for a bit."

"Aight. Where you about to go? I can meet you."

"Kevin." I groaned.

"Chrysta." He said with an attitude.

"I'll be fine. It's thanksgiving, focus on your family."

"You're my fam too so how about this. How about you come over and just spend the day here. You won't have to do anything but just relax."

"That sounds great and I appreciate it but I'm fine."

"Fine, but call me if anything. I'm just at the house chillin so I'll come get you."

"Okay cool."

Chatting a little longer, we then ended the call. Getting up, as I walked past the mirror, I stopped. Lifting my top, I stared at my belly. Caressing it, I smiled when I felt my daughter move.

"I can't wait to meet you." I spoke to her. "Daddy is going to spoil you and brother is going to protect you. Best of all, we're all going to love you."

After our moment, I went ahead and got myself ready for the day. With it being thanksgiving, I decided to take a little outing with Roxi. Once dressed, I packed a small bag with water, fruits and other food items for us.

"Rox? Come love." I called as I got her leash and body harness. "We're going on an adventure." I petted her.

Grabbing the bag, I led her out, set the alarm and left. Opening the back door, she climbed in, then I got in, buckled up and reversed. Taking my time, I enjoyed the breeze and the music.

As it was a holiday, I figured there wouldn't be any major traffic on the road. Wanting to be out in nature, I had decided to take Roxi up by the lake Aug and I would go too and spend the day out. Informing Aug, though he was okay with it, he wasn't to keen on me driving.

As I sang along to the song that was playing, while Roxi stood with her head outside, the song suddenly cut off and my phone began to ring through Bluetooth.

"Yes my husband?"

"Y'all good?"

"Everything is good babe." I laughed a little. "We're currently on the road."

"Just drive safe please."

"I am Aug." I sighed.

"I'm sorry love. My nerves just on high."

"I understand."

"Do you mind if I stay on till y'all reach."

"Of course I don't mind babe. What's our son doing?"

"He's in the kitchen helping with the baking."

"Really? Tell Chay to send me all the pictures and videos please."

"She knows love." He chuckled.

"Did you talk to Kevin?"

"Why you ask?"

"I'll take that as a yes." I laughed.

"I had too because I know your stubborn ass."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes.

Talking with Aug made the drive even better. The time seemed to pass by faster and soon enough I was pulling up to Mono Lake.

"Thank you baby."