63

Chrysta

"August Anthony Alsina the third! Get out of that cupboard!"

Sitting by the dining table as I cut up some veggies, I wiped my hand and got my phone as it rang. Seeing his father FaceTiming me, I answered while I continued what I was doing.

"Hey love?"

"Hi Aug." I slightly rolled my eyes.

It's been almost a month since I basically ended things with him and I have to admit, he was trying hard but I honestly wasn't interested.

"What y'all up too?"

"I'm prepping food to cook while your son is trying to empty my cupboards."

Turning the camera, I showed him how he sat opening the cupboard doors.

"I told you to get the lock things for it."

"No. He has to learn to listen." I glanced up at him.

Realizing he was about to stand up, I decided to screen record. Since he turned ten months, I've noticed his movements were increasing. Flipping the camera again, I told him to call him.

"August?"

Hearing his dad's voice, he gave us his attention.

"Wazzamin lah man?"

Smiling, he lifted a leg then stomp down.

"Come see daddy, love." I called him. "Come over to mommy."

Turning his body to face us, he let go of the door and tried to get his balance, wobbling a bit. Calling and encouraging him, it happened. Our son took his first steps, before falling onto his butt.

"That's alright lah man." Aug reassured him. "Let me see you get back up again."

Looking at me, he placed both his hand on the floor, lifted his butt in the air then stood up straight before attempting to walk again. Making about three steps, he applaud him as he sat on the floor in front the fridge.

Going over to him, I lifted him and kissed all over his cheeks, proud of his attempts. Stopping the screen recording, I flipped back the camera and he was now seeing his dad. Letting out a squeal and then clapping, we laughed at this milestone he made.

"My boy's walking." Aug smirked. "Soon you'll be a runner."

"Aye! Doh rush it please."

"Just wait on it."

"All in due time. Right bub?" I kissed his cheek.

"Let me go deal with this rehearsal here." He said as he laughed. "Just before I go on, T will call you."

"As long as I'm awake and not doing anything."

"No problem."

"Anyway baybeh, love y'all."

"Mhmm. Tell daddy bye bye."

Attempting to repeat it, I laughed as I held him. Ending the call, I went into the tv room and placed him into his play pen. Of course because he felt like he's grown, he had to voice his displeasure.

Making my way back into the kitchen as he had a mini tantrum, I went back to cooking. Within a minute, he had stopped. Sneaking a peak at him, he sat in the play pen, playing with his toys like if he wasn't just having a fit.

"Just like your daddy, always trying to throw a tantrum." I shook my head.

Sautéing the vegetables I had cut up, I then placed my piece of salmon, skin down before checking on my quinoa. Once my meal was ready, I plated it and let it cool before cleaning up and then going into the tv room.