66

August

"Blow momma a kiss."

Laughing at him as he did it, we were on a FaceTime video call with Chrysta. It was officially her birthday and she was enjoying her time in Peru.

"What y'all bout to get into today?"

"We're doing a sand desert tour that includes dune buggies and sand surfing."

"Nice. Well get as much pictures and videos, enjoy your birthday and just have fun."

"Thank you. I will."

"Call me when you get back."

"No problem. Kiss our son for me."

"I got you ma and Happy Birthday again."

Saying our goodbyes, I ended the call and looked at my son. Looking up at me, he smiled, looking so much like his momma. Scrolling through my phone, I came across a photo of her that was one of my favorites. Deciding to, I posted the silhouette photo to my stories with a simple happy birthday. After that, it didn't take too long to spread like wild fire.

"Alright la man? Let's have some fun of our own." I smirked.

We were back in Georgia but not Atlanta. Lifting him, I made my way to the bedroom to get him dressed and ready for our day.

"We bout to have some fun, that's for sure."

Once I was finished with him, I sat him on the bed with the tv on and got myself ready. Though I wished it was us on that trip with Chrysta, I had to remember that for one, we aren't together anymore and two, she has a life outside of being a parent and required that time.

It's been three months now since we've been broken up, and honestly, it was hard. I love Chrysta with everything in me but at the same time, I had to respect her and her decision. Part of me hopes that we could be together again but until then, I'm just focused on our son and work.

"Daddy's boy is about to be one soon huh?"

Lifting him, I got the bag and headed out. Getting into my car, I strapped him in the front seat then got in and left for our day out at Stone Mountain park.

*********

"Boy would you stop tryna run off and come eat."

Getting up for the third time, I caught him and got back to where we were set up. After seeing all that there was to be seen at Stone Mountain Park, I had found a chill spot below a tree for us. It was interesting being out with my son all day especially with him being a mover.

"Open."

Doing as he was told, I fed him some mashed potatoes. Fighting me for the spoon, I eventually gave it to him and watched him try feed himself. Recording him, I sent it to Chrys for her to see when she had the chance. During the course of the day we kept in contact as she called to show me where she was and to check in on us.

"I hope ya godmother executes yah momma's surprise properly." I looked over at him.

Laughing at all the mashed potatoes that was on his face as he chewed, I shook my head. As I was about to wipe his mouth, my phone rang. Seeing my producer calling, I answered putting it on speaker.

"Wazzamin Knuck?"

"Hey man, you back in Atlanta?"

"I'm back tomorrow. You ready to get back to work?"

"Yessir. Me and the fam just got back."

"Aight man cool. Well tomorrow at my place. I got lah man with me for a bit."