55

August

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine. Let it shine, Let it shine, Let it shine."

Singing to my son as I got him cleaned up in his tub, I smiled at how he was behaving. This morning he woke up earlier than usual so rather than waking Chrys up, I decided to get him ready for the day.

"Your grandma, aunties and cousins are coming today huh? Let's hope your first Christmas goes well." I chuckled.

With today being  Christmas Eve, I just prayed everything went smoothly. Both Chrysta's parents were in Atlanta but opted to stay in an Airbnb. They were appreciative of my hospitality as I told them they could stay here but they chose otherwise as the house will be a full one in general.

"Alright." I lifted him out the water. "Fresh and so clean, clean." I wrapped him in his towel.

"So tell me, am I doing good?" I asked him. "Yo pops meeting your standards? I know I ain't perfect like yo momma but am I doing alright?"

Laughing as I tickled him, it was still surreal to me that I have a six month old son. Walking back into the bedroom, I got him in his diaper and dressed.

"You hungry or nah?"

Staring up at me, I took that as a no as we left the bedroom, heading downstairs. Grabbing his carrier that stayed at the end of the stairs, I went into the kitchen, secured him in it on the counter and began making breakfast for me and Chrys.

"Tell me what you think bout this idea. Tonight there's going to be a lights show by the water fountain shit. I'm thinking, me, you and your momma should go check it out? You down?"

Letting out a squeal while he moved his arms and legs, I took that as a yes. Getting back to what I was making, the sound of Chrysta's voice was heard as she called me.

"Kitchen ma."

Soon after her presence was made as she entered. Kissing our son, then coming up to me, we shared a kiss followed by morning greetings.

"Why didn't you wake me when he woke up?"

"Because you we're asleep. I know he put up a fight last night so I got him."

"I appreciate that. Yuh have a busy day today?" She opened the fridge.

"Slightly but we going out tonight. You, me and that little one."

"I don't have any issues with that."

"Ion expect yo fine ass too." I spanked her as she walked by.

"You just can't keep your hands to yourself huh?"

"With you? Nah."

"I'm not surprised." She smiled and shook her head. "What time everyone's coming?"

"I gotta pick up my momma and em for five thirty and Travis should be here around seven."

"And what time are we going out?"

"Eight thirty."

"Okay."

"What you getting into today?"

"We'll be out with my parents. Is there any last minute things you need? I can get them for you."

"I'll check and see but Ion think so."

Turning off the stove under the eggs, I served the both of us. Placing our plates on the table, she got our son then came and sat