45

August

"Y'all really ain't talking to each other?"

"We're talking."

"You sure bout that goon? Because from what I see, y'all ain't on decent speaking terms and we're leaving tonight."

"We're cool T."

"What y'all was even arguing about? The way Chrysta slammed that door, she was pissed."

"It was nothing. So just drop it."

"Well alright then." He shrugged.

Going back to my food, we sat in the family room watching a movie. All while we did that, Chrysta was back and forth, doing God alone knows what. After our disagreement last night, there's been some tension between us. For one, she showered and fell asleep in our son's room. It was when I saw it was really late and she hadn't returned to bed, I went over and saw her laying in the bed she had in the nursery.

Finished with my lunch, I got up and went into the kitchen. Seeing the back door open, I washed my dirty plate and fork then went out back, only to see her dancing with him while music played softly. Observing their interaction, I couldn't help but smile.

"What are you listening too?"

Stopping, she put her attention on me as the music continued playing.

"One Republic."

"Oh." I nodded as I approached them.

"You don't know the do you?"

"Nah I don't." I let out a nervous chuckle.

Stretching for me as I got closer, I smiled and took him from her.

"His skin is warm."

"He was getting his daily dose of vitamin D."

Looking at her confused, she caught on and explained to me that she was basically giving him a sun bath.

"Ah okay."

"Mhmm. You needed something though?"

"Not really. I was putting my dish in the sink and I saw the door open."

"Oh okay."

"So is this a regular thing with the both of y'all? I don't think I've ever seen you do this."

"Yeah it is. Usually I do it around seven in the morning and according to his mood, I'd just put him in the carrier and put it by the window."

"So what made you do it this way today?"

"Had a late morning and he's awake and alert." She shrugged.

Walking over to her phone, she stopped the music while Roxi rubbed on her. Petting her, she then got her phone and came over to us.

"Be good for daddy." She kissed his cheek. "I'm going to eat my lunch." She then told me.

Nodding, as she walked by me, I called out to her. "Mind if we talk when you're finished?"

"Sure. What about?"

"Chrys?"

"What?"

"You know what about?"

"If it's about last night, what exactly is there again to talk about? You've said all that you had and wanted to say."

"Yeah but."

"I'm going to eat."

Walking off, I sighed. Putting my attention on my son, he smiled which then turned into a spitty laugh. Feeling something on my leg, I looked down to see Roxi rubbing her body on me.