64

August

"Chrys? What's taking you so long?"

"I'm coming." She yelled.

Looking down at my son, he held on to the couch and shuffled around. We were heading out to brunch and for some reason, Chrysta was taking longer than usual to get ready.

"Come let's go see what's taking momma so long?"

Lifting him, I made my was to her bedroom. Same time I entered, she came walking out of the bathroom.

"Ma you good?"

"Yeah. My cycle finally came back since having him and it's heavy."

"Oh, well if you want to stay home and rest, we can?"

"No no. We can go. I'm secure so we can go."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I am." She turned to me.

Getting her little bag, she got the light as we exited the room and made sure everywhere was secure. Getting into the front passenger seat after securing my son, she got into the driver's seat.

"You sure this place will allow him?"

"Yes, I called and it's fine."

"Okay cool."

Glancing at her as she drove, she was in full concentration. For some reason I was always intrigued by her driving. The way she was so relaxed, unlike some women who would be up on the steering wheel.

"Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Because you're beautiful and you look beautiful."

"Just weird." She mumbled.

Coming up to a stop in some traffic, she turned on the radio before resuming driving.

"So this is the first time it came back since having him?"

"That was what I said." She glanced at me. "I wasn't expecting it to be so heavy though."

"But you feel good? No cramps or anything."

"I have slight cramps but I can manage it. You wanted to get out of the house so we are."

"So how's the food at this place?" I asked, ignoring her attitude.

"It's really good but their desserts are amazing."

"I'll take your word on it." I chuckled.

Looking at my son in the rear view mirror, he was in his own world, doing his own thing.

"He really don't be bothered by anyone huh?"

"Nope. He minds his business and enjoys his own company, which I'm grateful for."