38

August

"How things looking today boss?"

Glancing at Terrence, I snickered at him calling me boss. Pulling out my phone, I scrolled through it, looking at my schedule for the day.

"Busy but not too hectic." I answered as I scrolled. "After this session, I have a photoshoot then a radio thing."

"Aight."

"After the shoot, I have one stop to make."

"Okay cool. You'll let me know where."

"Yeah."

Taking the turn off, I gazed out the window while I made my way to my first appointment of the day. My mind was far as the reality of Chrysta and my son leaving was setting in. In only a matter of three weeks, she'd have to be back home and as much as I didn't want it to be this way, I just had to accept it.

"You heard me Yung?"

"Huh? What did you say?"

"I asked how's Chrys and lil goon? He looked at me in the rear view.

"Oh. They're great. That boy is growing like crazy but he's happy and healthy and that's what matters."

"That's right." He nodded in agreement.

As we pulled into the car park and found a spot, my phone went off in my hand. Checking it, I smiled when I read the message from Chrysta. Responding, I placed it in my pocket and made my way into the studio.

"Wazzamin man."

Greeting my producer, we didn't waste any time. Getting into the booth, I got situated as he did the same.

"You ready bro?" He asked.

Giving him a thumbs up, I placed the headphones on my ears and waited till I heard the sound of the instrumental come through.

Singing the lyrics I had written in front of me, I gave it my all. Working on this album while managing parenthood was interesting. Most times I interacted with my son, I got some sort of inspiration and I made sure and put it on paper or my phone.

"Play that back for me bro." I spoke to Sam.

Nodding and giving me a thumbs up, he flipped the switch and played it back. Listening, I smiled at how it sounded. Getting back at it, we were making more progress.

With everything flowing, and us being so engrossed in what we were doing, we didn't realize that our studio time had went by so quickly.

"Tomorrow?" He asked.

"Nah. I got a day planned for my girl and our son."

"Nice. Well alright then, just message me."

"Yeah man."

Dapping with a hug, I got my stuff and left. Getting into my ride, we left with no hesitation.

**********

"Where you wanted to go before this radio interview again?"

Glancing up from my phone, I made slight eye contact with Terrence. I hadn't too long finished a photo shoot and was on the road once again.

"Luxe Midtown." I answered before going back to my phone.

Realizing the car went silent, I looked up to see him looking back at me.

"What?"

"Nothing." He shook his head.

It didn't take us long before we got to the condos. Finding a park, he shut off the engine.