95

Chrysta

"How are you feeling love?"

"Better, that's for sure." I laughed lightly.

Sitting in our family room while my husband massaged my feet, we waited on my midwife to finish setting up. Though it was still early, my water broke during breakfast and I've been experiencing contractions.

"Kevin said he just landed and would be here in about forty minutes."

"Okay cool." I huffed as I rode through another pain.

"How are we doing in here." Janet asked as she entered.

"Good. My contractions are still a couple minutes apart."

"Okay, let me check to see how dilated you are."

Excusing himself, August got up and stepped to the side. Positioning herself, my midwife did her checks. Letting me know I still had a while to go, I just said okay and made myself comfortable.

"Ouuu." I let out, feeling her kick me.

"You good mama?"

"Yeah. She's just moving a lot."

"Okay. I'm going to check on Celeste." He handed me the monitor. "Call me if anything."

"I will babe."

Watching him walk off, I then put my attention back on the TV. While doing so, my midwife came in tidying up around me and the family room.

"Janet, you know you can relax, right?" I snickered.

"I know, I'm just clearing up here."

"Okay."

Finishing up, she came back, lit some of my scented candles and joined me. Chatting with her helped the time pass to be honest. We were so deep in conversation the sound of our doorbell made me check the time on my phone.

"That's probably Kevin."

"I'll get it." She said as she got up.

While she got the door, I adjusted myself in an upright position. Smiling as I heard his voice while they greeted each other, he then made his presence known to me.

"Hey hun."

"Hey babe." We hugged.

"So you couldn't gimme the last six weeks huh?" He joked.

"Me? Your daughter. She's clearly in a rush to meet you." I laughed.

"She probably is." He too laughed.

"Have you told your mom anything?"

"To stress who? Nah, I want this to be a stress free process for me and you and once yall are settled, then I'll let her and Alana's parents know."

"Okay." I nodded in agreement.

Taking a deep breath as I felt another contraction, I breathed through it then exhaled as it passed. Looking at Kevin, he had this too familiar look which made me chuckle.

"Aug had the same look, both times."

"What look?" We both heard.

Greeting and dapping Kevin, I explained it to him the expression Kevin had while I went through the last contraction.

"Listen man, these women are strong because I know I wouldn't have been able to handle that."

"You think it's that bad?"

"Let her hold your hand through the next one."

"Aight, bet."

Shaking my head, I made myself comfortable while they spoke. Laying my head back, I closed my eyes for a bit, only to reopen them by the sound of my phone ringing. Handing it to me, Aug let me know it was Chase.