16

August

"Man, that drive was different. All them damn turns and shit. How the hell y'all do it?"

Laughing at Travis as he reacted to the road coming to the beach, we were all lounging and chilling and just being free.

"Then speed racer over there, taking all them damn curves like she got a death wish." He pointed at Shanice. "Ion know who the fuck taught you to drive." We laughed.

As we continued the conversation, I noticed Chrys our the corner of my eye, shifting a lot in her chair.

"Comfortable babe?"

"I'm trying to be. This little boy is on my left side today so I'm trying to adjust the weight."

Exhaling, she finally settled on a spot. Smiling as I stared at her, I got the sunblock and massaged some into her belly. As we had our moment, unaware to us, pictures were being taking by Terrence.

"Y'all are annoying." Chrys rolled her eyes.

"Gotta savor the memories." He laughed.

"That's what I told them." Shanice laughed.

"Two antisocial persons bringing a child into the world." Travis added as he shook his head. "I pray for my nephew."

"With me as his aunt, he'll be fine." Shanice confirmed.

"And he gonna be straight with me and the squad." Terrence added.

Glancing at each other, we didn't say anything but simply smile. I wasn't worried about how my son was going to turn out for the simple fact that I knew I had solid people around me.

"I was thinking, if you can get the time off, you can come out for my last two shows and then I just come back here with you."

"That sounds doable. I'll check my days I have and I'll confirm with you."

"Aight cool. You want anything to eat?"

"Now I'm good." She smiled.

Lounging besides her, I got comfortable. Shanice, Travis and Terrence had decided to head into the water so it was just us. Knowing she was tired, I glanced over at her, only to see her sleeping. Chuckling to myself, I just went back to what I was doing.

Getting out my phone, I scrolled through it to see what was going on. Me being out here was still a topic, more so whether I'm here with a woman or not. Glancing at Chrys, I often wonder how she would respond if her identity ever got out.

"Babe?" I heard faintly.

"Yeah love?" I put my phone down.

"Pass me my bottle of coconut water please."

Taking it out of the cooler, as she sat up, I handed it to her. Getting up from my chair, I got behind her.

"It's about damn time." She mumbled.

"All that talk when you could have just said come sit with me."

"I could have but then I wouldn't have been able to mumble now would I?" She smirked.

"Hush and give me a kiss."

*********

"So y'all ain't plan on getting in the water?" Travis asked.

"We will, in a bit." I laughed.

Chrysta was still asleep on me while we ate and relaxed. During the time we were here, more people came. There was even a party happening further up the beach but it wasn't a disturbance to us.