19

August

"You good bro?"

Putting my attention on Travis, I nodded. We were on the road once again and Chrysta was at the back having her afternoon nap.

"You know you can't lie right?" He chuckled. "So what's up?"

"I've been thinking about what happened last night." I sighed.

"Have you told Chrysta?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"I don't want to upset her."

Not hearing a response, I looked up at him as he stared at me.

"What?"

"Are you serious?"

"Yes."

"So you don't think, her possibly seeing the video will user her?"

"She's rarely on social media so that should buy me some time."

"And of it doesn't? You're going to look guilty as hell."

"But I didn't do anything."

"Exactly. You didn't stop that girl from kissing you, you didn't come up front and tell your pregnant girl what happened, you didn't do anything at all and how she responds is on you."

Sighing, I closed my book. Last night was the last thing I wanted to happen. It doesn't make things any better, seeing that I knew the girl.

"I'll tell her, I just need to get it right."

"There isn't anything to get right. Be a man, tell her the truth and apologize."

Nodding in agreement, I got up and made my way to be. Sliding open the door, our eyes met. Giving her a small smile, I closed back the door behind me before joking her on the bed.

"Can we talk?" I asked.

"Sure. Is everything okay?"

"Nah." I shook my head. "Umm, something happened last night."

"The kiss." She spoke.

"You saw the video?"

"I did and before I say anything, say what you came to say."

"I came to apologize first. I didn't mean for that to happen. Hell I wasn't expecting it to happen, I was caught by surprise and I'm honestly sorry."

"Why did you take so long to tell me anything? Why not last night when he you in."

"Honestly, I didn't know how too. All I kept thinking about is not stressing you out."

"Do we not have an open communication system?"

"We do." I nodded.

"So then, if that was at no fault of yours, you should have said up front. How would you feel if it was the other way around?"

"Pissed."

"Exactly. You wouldn't like a random guy just kissing me."

"She wasn't a random female."

"Excuse me?" She turned to me.

"I know her. She's a promoter friend of mine."

"Oh. Hmm. Okay."

"I didn't think she'd do that though. We were just chilling as she came out to support and."

"You don't have to explain anything Aug." She cut me off. "Just don't let it happen again. I understand we aren't public with our relationship but you are in a relationship, create boundaries and make sure people respect them."