67

Chrysta

"Still asleep?"

Looking up from what I was doing, Aug stood by the door way. Inviting him in, he sat across from me.

"Yes. His cousins really wore him out last night." I laughed.

"That's good. So what we gotta do today?"

"I have to collect his cake, set up the back yard and buy snacks and some more drinks."

"Aight well as he is still asleep, let's go set up what needs to be set up."

"Okay." I agreed.

Getting up, he took my hands and helped me up. Laughing, I told him thanks before we headed outside. Making our way out to the back, we both lifted the folding tables one by one and set them out against the wall. Using a disposable table cloth, I covered them while he got the two coolers and began filling them with ice and the drinks.

"They gonna melt out though Chrys."

"That's fine. The cold water would keep the drinks cold. I can always get more ice."

"Okay. One alcoholic and one nonalcoholic?"

"Yes sir."

"Gotcha."

"You got his outfit right?"

"Yep, me and E got him set."

"Oh God."

"What?"

"Please don't have my son looking grown."

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"Just what I said."

"Ion know what that mean but our son gonna be looking good for his first birthday." He shrugged.

Going back to what we were doing, we had finished setting up just in time for him to wake up. Hugging and kissing him, I couldn't believe my baby was a year old already. Singing 'Happy Birthday' to him, he just stared at me with this blank look on his face.

"Let's get you cleaned up and fed and get your day going,"

Heading out into the tv room, August was coming back in the house through the side entrance.

"There goes daddy."

As his eyes laid on his father, his excitement came out. Handing him over to Aug, he greeted him with birthday greetings, doing the same as me.

"You feeding him before his bath Chrys?"

"No, after. Why? Does he seem hungry?"

"The boy is chewing on my face."

"Okay, I'm coming." I laughed a little.

Approaching them, Aug was fighting to get him off but he wasn't budging.

"Come on bub." I smiled as I took him.

When he let go, I tried not to laugh but I couldn't help it, as I wiped the side of Aug's face.

"No bite marks, so that's good." I smiled. "A little more again you would have had a hickie."

"I didn't know he was that bad with that shit."

"Yep." I nodded and sat with him.

Looking on, as I nursed, Aug just smiled. Leaning in, he kissed him on his forehead, then me on my cheek.

"I'll got get his clothes and bath ready."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome ma. Why he beating on yo titty like that though?" He laughed.