71

Chrysta

"Babe?"

"Yo?"

Putting my attention on the doorway, Aug came in with a bowl in his hand and our son in tow.

"What you got there?

"What were you calling me for woman?"

"So you're just going to ignore me?"

"Let's go lah man." He smirked and turned around.

"Fine." I huffed. "Where we're going, will it be cold?"

"Mm mm." He shook his head before he took another spoonful of what he was eating.

"Okay."

Going back to packing, I went through all my clothes and what I wanted to take with me on this trip. Though we weren't leaving till after Christmas, I still wanted the head start.

"Open."

Putting my attention back on him, he was closer to me, with the spoon up. Smiling, I allowed him to feed me some cereal then giving me a kiss. Feeling our son on my leg, I looked down at him. Lifting him up, he smiled and clapped his hands.

"What time you wanted to go in the mall?" He asked.

"Bout in the next hour."

"Aight. I'll go clean up the kitchen and you handle him?"

"Sure."

Spanking him as he walked off, he turned and glared at me. Laughing, I ignored him and went to get our son ready.

"You're perfect for mommy, you know that?" I kissed his cheek. "Everyday I pray and ask God to cover you and your dad."

Smiling, I finished undressing him and took him into the bathroom. Standing there while I turned on the water for the short pipe, he tapped his toes as the water came to him. Once the water was warm enough, I placed the tub below it then got him settled in it.

"Come on bub. No play this time."

Fussing, he began to fight me for the wash cloth. Leaving him to fret and eventually cry, I continued his bath till we were finished.

"What happened ma?"

"He wants the wash cloth." I shrugged.

"Ah okay." He chuckled.

Getting his towel, he placed it on my bed and began to undress.

"Empty his tub for me please."

"Where it at?"

"The shower."

"Gotcha."

Kissing me on my cheek, he then went into the bathroom while I went and got our son's clothes.

"Hopefully too many people don't bombard us while we're out." I spoke to our son. "I've noticed that you don't like it." I chuckled. "Mommy doesn't like it either but that's how it goes because of who your daddy is."

Looking up at me, he smiled which made me smile. Continuing our conversation, when I was finished with him, I lifted him.

"You may not understand it now but daddy is amazing at what he does. His voice is heavenly. Between the both of us, I could just get lost in his voice when he sings a cappella."

"Da da da." He repeated.

"Yup daddy. He saved mommy you know." I played with his fingers. "Mommy was at her lowest when she first came across him and after that, everything just changed in time and that's what honestly makes me love him so much. Now, because he blessed me with you, my love is never ending."